Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2006, 12:48 AM

Default $10 PLO8

I've decided to try plo8 because I can never seem to find enough .50/1 lo8 to clear my bonus in time.

I'm mainly interested in the three things with this hand.
Firstly, was the raise preflop a good idea (I'm thinking yes), and if so, was the amount appropriate? I think I may have discouraged a few callers that could've paid me off.

Second, was the call on the flop a good idea? All I had was the nut low draw, an overpair, and a backdoor flush.

On the turn, I think the hand plays itself with what I got.

However, how would you have played this if raised all in if it was either a high club or a low non-club? I think I would've folded with either.

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $0.90
UTG+1: $16.05
MP1: $4.05
Hero: $16.25
MP3: $15.20
CO: $7.60
Button: $3.65
SB: $6.45
BB: $4.65

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, 5 folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.55, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG is all-in $0.55</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($3.2, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $3.2)
<font color="#cc0000">MP1 is all-in $3.15</font>, Hero calls.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($9.5, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $3.2, Sidepot 1: $6.3)

Results:
Final pot: $9.5
Old 09-01-2006, 02:05 AM

Default Re: $10 PLO8

Personally, I think this whole hand plays itself.
I don't mind the flop call, a repot would be fine too.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:03 AM

trying to learn this game at this low of a level is going to be impossible IMHO, because it plays so much drastically different even at the $50 tables.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:30 AM

I don't have the bankroll for $50 tables. I have like 150 bux in any particular site maximum, and I don't think three buyins is going to cut it.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:10 AM

I'm still trying to figure out O8, but is the flop call really OK?

MAYBE I could understand a repot at higher limits, as you are discouraging the other A2 to drop their hand, but at NL25 and below you won't get rid of anyone having even a small piece of the board, no matter what it costs them.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still trying to figure out O8, but is the flop call really OK?

MAYBE I could understand a repot at higher limits, as you are discouraging the other A2 to drop their hand, but at NL25 and below you won't get rid of anyone having even a small piece of the board, no matter what it costs them.

[/ QUOTE ]

He only bet a 3rd of the pot with his chips, and the person in front of me only called. I figured since the bet wasn't a real threat to my stack, and I was interested in seeing the turn, it wasn't a very high price to pay.

I was more interested in what you'd do with other turns. The low club was great for me. If it was a low spade and MP1 went all in, I was thinking fold. If it's a high club... I have no clue what I wouldv'e done facing a bet like that.