Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Re: ***Official*** LOST Season 3 Episode 9 Discussion -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What are Cindy and the Children and those people there to watch?

[/ QUOTE ]
The reading of the verdict?

[/ QUOTE ]

That wouldn't make much sense in the overall context. They are probably there to watch whatever "work" the Others are doing on the sub-island.

[/ QUOTE ]

sure it does ... they are "brainwashing" a new race of people who will take over the world once its been completely destroyed by war, disease, etc ... thats how i interpret it at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, that's part of the "work" as I interpret it.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What are Cindy and the Children and those people there to watch?

[/ QUOTE ]
The reading of the verdict?

[/ QUOTE ]

That wouldn't make much sense in the overall context. They are probably there to watch whatever "work" the Others are doing on the sub-island.

[/ QUOTE ]

sure it does ... they are "brainwashing" a new race of people who will take over the world once its been completely destroyed by war, disease, etc ... thats how i interpret it at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And you don't think the verdict fits into this vision? Not being a smartass, I'm just confused by your view. What else was happening on the sub-island besides the verdict, wrt brainwashing or anything else, that they could have been there to watch? Isn't the idea of Jack being completely manipulated to side with Juliet a perfect example of this brainwashing?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And you don't think the verdict fits into this vision? Not being a smartass, I'm just confused by your view. What else was happening on the sub-island besides the verdict, wrt brainwashing or anything else, that they could have been there to watch? Isn't the idea of Jack being completely manipulated to side with Juliet a perfect example of this brainwashing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I took Cindy's statement as more of a general statement of "Jack, we're here to bear witness to what these people are doing" rather than just the very specific "for Juliette's verdict" although that is part of the whole thing. I don't think it's a stretch that there's a whole lot more going on than just the verdict on the island. Would the children also be brought along for a death-sentence verdict?
Old 02-22-2007, 02:20 PM

Good point about the kids presence. Not sure why that didn't occur to me. I guess the timing of their arrival just seems a bit off if they were there for some general observation, given my assumption that the Others intended on vacating Hydra almost immediately afterwards. Though I suppose the events that transpired after their arrival could have shifted the timeline.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I took Cindy's statement as more of a general statement of "Jack, we're here to bear witness to what these people are doing" rather than just the very specific "for Juliette's verdict" although that is part of the whole thing. I don't think it's a stretch that there's a whole lot more going on than just the verdict on the island. Would the children also be brought along for a death-sentence verdict?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking more along the same lines. But the appearance of Cindy's group also led me to believe that they might not always be on the Island or they have very good living conditions on the main Island and were only brought over for specific occassions to watch (in this case the trial, but I guess it could be any expirement really). That entire group looked very clean and neat.

But it really makes very little sense for kids that young to witness the trial. Although, maybe they just had to bring them with since I'm sure there is a lack of baby-sitters for hire.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure there is a lack of baby-sitters for hire.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, I was thinking the exact same thing. One of them ran away with Sawyer and Kate.