Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: lolz super accountz

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think what we need to get the word out is a thorough article that presents the events in a time line and explains their significance and does so in a way your recreational player who's never so much as looked at a HH file can understand. Then this article needs to be put EVERYWHERE.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about something like http://www.absolutepokercheats.com/i...epokercheating

[/ QUOTE ]

Josem I don't want to offend you, but this sounds like a whining player, i.e. "I can't play poker that's why I will make some nice wonderfull colourful introduction so that people believe me thinking that I'm intelligent". Now again, I really don't want to offend you, but to my opinion the first few lines should catch the awarness in undisputable way.

I think it should be something along the lines "The second undisputable exploit in history of online poker is a fact: online hackers take more than 1 million US$ from online poker players"

--> I know now you may come with 101 disagreements - that it wasn't a hack but an internal job, etc: keep this for during the actual article! it's not needed to make all of your points and show all the facts in the first 3 sentences
--> By saying "the second" and undisputable it sounds different than the usual "online poker is rigged story", raise credibility.
--> The presence of 1m$ is also important so that news can pickup and continue reading. I.e. that it's not about "i lost my 25$ buyin to these cheaters" story
--> In [a very short introduction] link to the first such case with planet poker (there is academic paper on that). This will raise credibility, but don't spend more than a sentence on this.

and so on.

OK, Now I'm waiting for all the flames [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

But as I said, I didn't think too much publicity is good, but this cannot be prevented any longer.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It also seems very plausible that ABS looked into the accounts and just saw what appeared to be super dumb luck from bad play. It seems obvious to those of us that are expert poker players that something was extremely fishy, but that evidence is pretty hard to move on.

It's very possible 2p2 illuminating the account 363 stuff is new information to absolute as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find the likelyhood thats the case close to zero %

absolute has even more information than what we have currently, and what we have currently is easy and obvious to see whats truly going on. Absolute has had this information the whole time, if they actually did investigate then they knew the truth when the issued thier first "nothing is going on" statement. what does any liar do when they get caught lying? they just lie more.

and if this really is new info for absolute, everyone shouldstop playing there cuz its run by incompetent morons and your money isnt safe.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
man - do you guys who think this will dry up the games have any idea who you are playing against?

your money comes from sick gamblers. sick gamblers have to gamble - they don't care about it being fair. they know BJ is rigged and yet they pour billions into it. "recreational players" don't feed the poker economy, addicts do. addicts can't quit.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah, that's something we really need to stress!
Old 10-15-2007, 02:32 PM

I haven't read this whole thread to see if this has been noticed before but why doesn't Potripper show up on the flop action of this particular hand?

Stage #896584233 Tourney ID 1883389 Holdem Multi Normal Tournament No Limit $20 - 2007-09-12 21:17:06.011 (ET)
Table: 13 (Real Money) Seat #4 is the dealer
Seat 5 - POKERME420 ($10300 in chips)
Seat 7 - DZ00NUTS ($8292 in chips)
Seat 8 - KOOLKEITH13 ($9960 in chips)
Seat 9 - SCARFACE_79 ($9970 in chips)
Seat 1 - BIGREDAK86 ($9940 in chips)
Seat 2 - JOSIAHW ($7466 in chips)
Seat 3 - POTRIPPER ($24137 in chips)
Seat 4 - POTR0AST ($9865 in chips)
POKERME420 - Posts small blind $10
DZ00NUTS - Posts big blind $20
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to BIGREDAK86 [Kc Qh]
Dealt to JOSIAHW [7d Js]
Dealt to POTRIPPER [10c 5d]
Dealt to POTR0AST [10s 2s]
Dealt to POKERME420 [6h Qs]
Dealt to DZ00NUTS [7c Jh]
Dealt to KOOLKEITH13 [10d 6c]
Dealt to SCARFACE_79 [9d Ad]
KOOLKEITH13 - Folds
SCARFACE_79 - Raises $50 to $50
BIGREDAK86 - Raises $180 to $180
JOSIAHW - Folds
POTRIPPER - Calls $180
POTR0AST - Folds
POKERME420 - Folds
DZ00NUTS - Folds
SCARFACE_79 - Calls $130
*** FLOP *** [4h 9s Ah]
SCARFACE_79 - Checks
BIGREDAK86 - Checks
*** TURN *** [4h 9s Ah] [2h]
POTRIPPER - Checks
SCARFACE_79 - Bets $280
BIGREDAK86 - Folds
POTRIPPER - Folds
SCARFACE_79 - returned ($280) : not called
Old 10-15-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In addition to being good for the game in the long run for this to come out, it will probably be good in the short run too. As all the Absolute fish who are oblivious to this will have to find a legitimate site. They won't all give up on online poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

the absolute fish arent ever going to know about it

[/ QUOTE ]

If this hits mainstream media, and/or if Absolute gets shutdown, they will know about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The main stream media cares nothing at all about this. Its never going to go there. Look at it from the common morons perspective. We dont have any "proof" weve just got some hand histories that have to be explained by someone who knows poker. This is a horrible "news" story. Even if absolute made a public statement that their entire site is rigged and they actively steal money from the players, the main stream media wouldnt air the story, because no one cares. The incredibly majority of the population doesnt even know absolute poker exists.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is completely true. However the fish psichology works different. If there is even a very vauge article in bluff magazine saying e.g. "there are unproved claims and so on" - the fish will remember it. And when next time the fish occasionally hit some random site (let's say 2+2) the fish will not ignore it with "all these cheaters and jokers I don't even want to read em" but the fish will start reading and reading and reading and ops.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:40 PM

Probably just a glitch from all the unscrambling. I noticed a couple of the HH's had minor errors.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In addition to being good for the game in the long run for this to come out, it will probably be good in the short run too. As all the Absolute fish who are oblivious to this will have to find a legitimate site. They won't all give up on online poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

the absolute fish arent ever going to know about it

[/ QUOTE ]

If this hits mainstream media, and/or if Absolute gets shutdown, they will know about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The main stream media cares nothing at all about this. Its never going to go there. Look at it from the common morons perspective. We dont have any "proof" weve just got some hand histories that have to be explained by someone who knows poker. This is a horrible "news" story. Even if absolute made a public statement that their entire site is rigged and they actively steal money from the players, the main stream media wouldnt air the story, because no one cares. The incredibly majority of the population doesnt even know absolute poker exists.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is completely true. However the fish psichology works different. If there is even a very vauge article in bluff magazine saying e.g. "there are unproved claims and so on" - the fish will remember it. And when next time the fish occasionally hit some random site (let's say 2+2) the fish will not ignore it with "all these cheaters and jokers I don't even want to read em" but the fish will start reading and reading and reading and ops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tks for dropping by and giving us first-hand knowledge of how the fish think.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sincerely,

Pamela
Team Absolute ~ Customer Support
"To Continue to be the Best and Most Trusted"

We’re Here To Stay! All Players Welcome! ...

[/ QUOTE ]

How pity, everytime now I get an e-mail from Pamela I will be thinking of some shady big ugly rapist.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:47 PM

Why doesn't someone email absolute and ask them to get a representitive to respond to the questions in this thread. At the very least send a follow up email asking them to send us all their research on the matter so we can be satisfied by that research. A website that knows there is no cheating is going on should have no problem doing this right?
Old 10-15-2007, 02:47 PM

seems on the up and up

-holdme
Closed Thread