Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 11:02 PM

Default Professional Poker Delivery

I tried to order Professional Hold Em a few days ago and waited like a kid at christmas, but received Hold Em Theory and Practice. Great book, but I already own it. Sent an email to Mike at Professional Poker and he asked me to look at my receipt carefully. I had ordered the wrong damn book.

I said all that just to let everyone know that if you do have any trouble with your order, whether self inflicted or not they'll give a quick and polite response. Even if you are a complete tard.

Thanks to Professional Poker and I eagerly await the correct book [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2007, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Professional Poker Delivery

I'm sorry ! I screwed up and did what you told me to do!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
We should get it right this time!
Old 07-27-2007, 04:41 AM

Hope your book arrives soon, cynic757.

Not wishing to hijack your thread, but this seems the most appropriate place to say that I’ve got a smile on my face this morning. I ordered several books from Professional Poker on Wednesday morning. Later that day I received an email to say they’d been shipped, and at 8am this morning the postman put them into my hot little hand.

OK, the shipping cost me a little – I went for the middle option out of the three on offer, so not the cheapest, but not the most expensive – but the books themselves were so cheap to start with, I still didn’t pay more than I would have if I’d got them locally.

Also, have to say their ‘B’ stock books – in supposedly less than perfect condition – represent excellent value. Far better than the tatty copy of Harrington On Hold ‘Em my local Waterstones would have been happy to sell me earlier this week.

All I have to do now is read and learn. Read and learn.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:36 AM

ProfessionalPoker.com rules! Placed my order Weds for PNL and Fult Tilt Guide and recvd confirmation AND tracking number same day. I opted for priority shipping yet total cost of both books with shipping is still less then what local bookstore prices will be when PNL is in stock.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:33 AM

Sorry - should have added, I live in the UK
Old 07-27-2007, 09:46 AM

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought - "Is somebody making a complaint about a company? Why don't they just call the company first?, etc.". It's pre-coffee so I was jumping t oconclusions.

Anyway, I was pleasently surprised to see what was really being said here and I think that a company could get no better ad! I know that they will have at least one more future client.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:28 AM

Well, things would've gone more smoothly if Mike could read minds, but what can you do? I suppose we'll just have to settle for companies that send you what you order.... *sigh.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:22 PM

I have made at least 3 orders from professionalpoker.com over the last few years and they have always shipped high quality books quickly for me. Definately the way to go.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:18 PM

Same here. I'm from Chile, South America. Normally I ordered my books via amazon but looking at the forum I saw that PP had the books before amazon so... what the hell I'm ordering there.

I ordered 5 books. Normally for the second fastest shipping amazon was charging me like 45$ and that took a month, sometimes more.

So I took the second shipping option on PP that cost me something like 53$ on the 20th. The 21 they emailed me saying my order was shipped. The 25 I had them on my hand OMFG. I couldn't believe how fast that was. I'm really satisfied with PP and I'm sure I'll order there from now on.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:19 PM

I would also like to add a positive review for Professional Poker. I ordered my copy of PNL late Monday night 7/23. Mike shipped it out the very next day Priority Mail, and I received the book this morning. Even with the priority mail shipping cost, the price was still almost 20% off what I would have had to pay from a bookstore. Excellent service, I will definitely do business with Professional Poker again.