Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you think this should be considered a classic album?
Yes 10 50.00%
No 10 50.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 03:14 AM

Default Re: I DID IT.

[ QUOTE ]
By the end, my liver hated the UIGEA as much as I did

[/ QUOTE ]

New NC tittle
Old 03-15-2007, 04:12 AM

Default new NC thread titles with poll!

this is everything i saw. i searched for 'title' and 'nomina'.

edit: oops, i missed the last one, "By the end, my liver hated the UIGEA as much as I did". i like this entry, but i'm not doing the poll again and i can't edit it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. sorry.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:23 AM

Default Re: new NC thread titles with poll!

where is "I defend my blinds out of principle"?
Old 03-15-2007, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
where is "I defend my blinds out of principle"?

[/ QUOTE ]

um, nowhere in this thread?
Old 03-15-2007, 04:34 AM

Good luck Miles.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:19 AM

Zeldark, you have 911 posts right now.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:23 AM

I think I have one:

How about Quit Changing the [censored] Title of This Thread!

I like that.

I like that a lot.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
P.J. O'Rourke said it best in <u>Holidays in Hell</u>:

"Back in London, I was having dinner in the Groucho Club -- this week's in-spot for what's left of Britain's lit gritz and nouveau rock riche -- when one person started in on the Stars And Stripes. Eventually he got, as the Europeans always do, to the part about "your country's never been invaded." (This fellow had been two during the Blitz, you see.) "You don't know the horror, the suffering. You think war is..."
I snapped.
"A John Wayne movie," I said. That's what you were going to say, wasn't it? We think war is a John Wayne movie. We think life is a John Wayne movie -- with good guys and bad guys, as simple as that. Well, you know something, Mister Limey Poofter? You're right. And let me tell you who those bad guys are. They're us. WE BE BAD.
We're the baddest-ass sons of bitches that ever jogged in Reeboks. We're three-quarters grizzly bear and two-thirds car wreck and descended from a stock market crash on our mother's side. You take your Germany, France and Spain, roll them all together and it wouldn't give us room to park our cars. We're the big boys, Jack, the original, giant, economy-sized, new and improved butt kickers of all time. When we snort coke in Houston, people lose their hats in Cap D'Antibes. And we've got an American Express card credit limit higher than your piss-ant metric numbers go.
"You say our country's never been invaded? You're right, little buddy. Because I'd like to see the needle-dicked foreigners who'd have the guts to try. We drink napalm to get our hearts started in the morning. A rape and a mugging is our way of saying 'Cheerio.' Hell can't hold our sock-hops. We walk taller, talk louder, spit further, fu[/i]ck longer and buy more things than you know the names of. I'd rather be a junkie in a New York City jail than king, queen, and jack of all you Europeans. We eat little countries like this for breakfast and sh[/i]it them out before lunch."
Of course, the guy should have punched me. But this was Europe. He just smiled his shabby, superior European smile. (God, don't these people have dentists?)"

Every American needs to have this tatooed on his butt at birth.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh. See the War of 1812. One could also make the case that 9/11 was a foreign invasion, or at least an attack. hehehe unless you believe in conspiracy theories :3

I say keep the 'i'm a badass' attitude, but lose the arrogance. American imperturbable confidence is a beautiful thing, I love mine. But arrogance is always unpleasant. This sort of short-sighted uber-aggressive arrogance is exactly the kind of thing that makes it tough to be an American abroad.

Taking just a short trip, say 3 months, outside of the American comfort zone of chain restaurants, chain coffee, chain amusement, and chain malls will quickly tone down even the most conceited 'badass'.

I do love the attitude. I've got it myself. I just think sometimes we take it too far.

Also, why do we insist upon comparing all of our wars to the 'good old fight' of ww2. The 'morally unambiguous' war is fictional. One could also argue that even the moral clarity of ww2 is debatable as well.

As for sports, its' a shame america doesn't play more worldwide sports. I reckon we could field a decent side for the footie if we put a bit of money into it. If we were half as competitive about football, rugby, or cricket as we are about american sports, we'd be serious competitors.

heheh, but then again maybe the world should be THANKFUL we don't play more worldwide sports :P
I reckon we could come up with a team at least as scary as the all-blacks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2007, 06:17 AM

I would love to see a serious american rugby team.

Its never going to happen though. If you took the ideal athletes from the NFL for each position and then were able to trai them from childhood in rugby you would have a badass team I'm sure, but its cultural.

That being said itw world cup time soon so I expect tha All Blacks to implode any day now
Old 03-15-2007, 06:22 AM

me too. I'd love to see a good football world cup team too. 06 wasnt' awful, to be fair. We just had an INSANE group. Even if we had beat ghana and gone to the next round, our first opponents would have been brazil. bugger.
Closed Thread