Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2006, 03:01 PM

Default Re: The Well: El Diablo

1. How is the check/raising any ace-high flop from the blinds experiment going?

2. I heard of the El Diablo theorem(?) - If you can beat AA on the flop get all the money in or something to that effect. Do you really think that's valid in most cases?

3. Coke or Pepsi?

4. You raise preflop with KK (effective stacks 100BB) and get called by unknown opponent on the button. The flop is A72r. Do you bet or check?

5. Rachel was in her prime during:

a) Seasons 1-2
b) Seasons 3-4
c) Seasons 5-6
d) Seasons 7-8
e) Seasons 9-10?
Old 08-17-2006, 03:03 PM

El D,

How long did it take you to fully internalize the "mechanics" of NLHE, and get on to just playing your opponent? The game's been praised for being rich and complex; does that strike you as being so, vs. other poker games? Did it take you longer at NLHE before you felt like you had all the ins and outs?
Old 08-17-2006, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't need an answer from El D, but WTF is ratholing?

On to El D,

What are your thoughts on living with a warlock who just might say to himself, "I'm gonna poz that guy, i.e. you..."

[/ QUOTE ]

Ratholing (rat holing) is taking money off the table. For example, buy in for the minimum, double up, leave the table and then come back to the same table and buy in for the minimum again.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:07 PM

ratholing is when someon buys in the min, doubles up, leaves the table, and rejoins the same table with the minimum.

El D- question about your stack-a-donk line (open preflop, lead flop, c/r all in on turn with the goods): Why do you make what is usually a huge overbet c/r when you want a call? Could you explain this one plz.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:30 PM

ELD,

What are you reading on a regular basis - whether it's to keep you on top of your business interests or politics?
Old 08-17-2006, 03:51 PM

As a news reporter, I'm curious about how you get your news.

1. Do you watch any television news with regularity?

2. If not -- and I'm assuming you don't -- from what sources do you get your news?

3. What politician do you most admire (currently serving)?

4. How could I possibly lose a HU game to that nit mikech?
Old 08-17-2006, 03:53 PM

El D,

have you ever quit posting on 2p2 for prolonged periods?
If so, Why?
Old 08-17-2006, 03:59 PM

4:

"1) Best OOT mod (past or present -- no gimmicks allowed)?"

[censored], astro close second place.

"2) How many 5 year olds? If you were allowed a single weapon and the 5 year olds would be also be given the same weapon (but only for their entire group), which weapon would you select?"

Eh, the number depends on various conditions, don't care to write that crap now. Machine gun.

"4) Snakes on Plane ---- B-Movie Supreme or Don't Believe the Hype? "

Unforunately, as awesomely bad as it should be, I think it is going to just plain out suck hard.

Free:

"What are your thoughts on living with a warlock who just might say to himself, "I'm gonna poz that guy, i.e. you...""

I don't understand why you are asking this question when you obviously are familiar with that thread and I responded in it.

k,

"1. How is the check/raising any ace-high flop from the blinds experiment going?"

It worked out very well and I've incorporated it into my game at a certain frequency.

"2. I heard of the El Diablo theorem(?) - If you can beat AA on the flop get all the money in or something to that effect. Do you really think that's valid in most cases?"

In most aggro games, if you can beat AA with your hand, getting 100BB in on the flop is rarely very bad.

"3. Coke or Pepsi?"

Coke.

"4. You raise preflop with KK (effective stacks 100BB) and get called by unknown opponent on the button. The flop is A72r. Do you bet or check?"

Asked and answered.

"5. Rachel was in her prime during:"

Somewhere in the middle.

Chip:

"How long did it take you to fully internalize the "mechanics" of NLHE, and get on to just playing your opponent?"

A few mnths of live play.

"The game's been praised for being rich and complex; does that strike you as being so, vs. other poker games?"

Yes, but only in deep games, especialy live.

"Did it take you longer at NLHE before you felt like you had all the ins and outs?"

Compared to limit? Yes. I definitely don't think I have all the ins and outs yet, especially not HU and 3-handed.

MR:

"Why do you make what is usually a huge overbet c/r when you want a call? "

After a raise pre and a bet-call on the flop, a turn checkraise AI is rarely all that big an overbet in a lot of online games. The general answer is that I'll overbet big in spots where I want a call when I think my opponent has a worse hand that will call the overbet.

M:

"What are you reading on a regular basis - whether it's to keep you on top of your business interests or politics?"

CNN. Lots of books. All sorts of random crap on the Internet. As I wrote earlier, I'm less about reading certain publications regularly and more about searching out a wide range of stuff on topics that interest me at any given moment.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:04 PM

ep,

"1. Do you watch any television news with regularity?"
"2. If not -- and I'm assuming you don't -- from what sources do you get your news?"

Not really. CNN sometimes, but mainly I get my news from the Internet (cnn.com, sfgate.com). When I'm travelling, I find myself watching CNN and Headline News a fair amount and reading the NY Times and WSJ. I like newspapers but tend to only read them much when I travel.

"3. What politician do you most admire (currently serving)?"

Nobody really stands out.

"4. How could I possibly lose a HU game to that nit mikech?"

Stacked deck?

MTR:

"have you ever quit posting on 2p2 for prolonged periods?
If so, Why? "

I've stopped a number times for 2 to 4 week periods. That's generally been because I'm in periods where I'm doing stuff for work that involves lots of travel and meetings, as opposed to my normal stuff which involves a lot of phone calls, email, contracts, documents, etc. sitting at my desk.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:23 PM

El D,

Do you enjoy wearing wifebeaters on casual occasions, or only when you dress up? What is your personal preference and/or opion on/regarding brands/qualities (still speaking about wifebeaters, obviously.)

Has lapoker influenced these opinions of yours, and has he, on occasion, acted as an advisor in buying/trying out said things?