Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2006, 09:14 PM

Default WSOP 2005 DVD?

Anybody happen to know when ESPN will be releasing the 2005 WSOP DVD? I thought they released 04 last July but I can't remember.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:45 PM

Default Re: WSOP 2005 DVD?

I got a message in March from the Championship DVD company that does ESPN's broadcasts on dvd, and they told me it would be released "not later than June 2006". It's now august. Same as last year. I ordered the 2004 dvd about 3 months before release only to be told it's backordered after it was released. Morons. Yet I could go get it at walmart and they were telling me "It's sold out everywhere, we have a massive backorder to all retailers". Yeah ok.

I dont trust that company whatsoever after that.

http://www.championshipdvd.com/default.asp is the link if anyone cares.

edit: added link.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:38 PM

A dealer at the WSOP said that 2005 and 2006 will take at least two years due to ESPN having exclusive rights during that time.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A dealer at the WSOP said that 2005 and 2006 will take at least two years due to ESPN having exclusive rights during that time.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying that the 2005 DVD won't be out till 07???
That's lame and also incredibly stupid on ESPN's part. I doubt they'll be a big market for the 05 series after they've already shown this years on TV.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got a message in March from the Championship DVD company that does ESPN's broadcasts on dvd, and they told me it would be released "not later than June 2006". It's now august. Same as last year. I ordered the 2004 dvd about 3 months before release only to be told it's backordered after it was released. Morons. Yet I could go get it at walmart and they were telling me "It's sold out everywhere, we have a massive backorder to all retailers". Yeah ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember that they did an incredibly poor job of getting the product out last year. It was delayed, hard to find, and the only place it was listed online was at the ESPN online store, where it was shown as out of stock.

They really blew it again this year. They have already missed their biggest sales window. I bet they could have sold 10,000 copies at the Rio over the last month.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ESPN had exclusive rights to the 2004 broadcast, and the DVD came out in the summer of last year. It was late and poorly distributed, but it did come out, and it was under the ESPN brand.

No offense to anyone, but the average dealer usually doesn't know any more about stuff like this than the average player, and is usually just repeating random stuff heard at the table.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes absolutely no sense. ESPN issues the DVDs.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:42 PM

chicagoY,

Check your PM. I have custom made set of the complete 2005 WSOP. Everything that was aired on dvd.