Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 07:16 PM

Default 87s aganst lag, pushes on river.

Villian is 71/17/.55, the rest of the table is a rock, i'm only at this table for this guy. he likes to make big plays. he is known to bluff post flop, on rag boards, normally on the flop

how'd i play it until he pushes, and what should i do here?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $23.55
MP: $9.25
CO: $18.30
BTN: $12.05
SB: $8.95
Hero (BB): $13.45

Pre-Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.20</font>, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.45) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $0.10</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.60</font>, UTG calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.65) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.25</font>, UTG calls $1.25

River: ($4.15) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.80</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $12.20</font>, Hero ??
Old 10-10-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Re: 87s aganst lag, pushes on river.

over how many hands is your sample? a 0.55 aggro factor doesn't seem to aggressive. but if he is that aggro and known to bluff...easy shove on this river.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:31 PM

If you are going to consider folding then why did you bet the turn when the board paired?
Old 10-10-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are going to consider folding then why did you bet the turn when the board paired?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true. That being said, I think its a very likely possibility we're up against a higher flush here. Maybe something like K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], or even the nut [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flush.

But this guy is a 71/whatever, so I think I reluctantly call and hope he's really donking it off. Against just about anyone else I fold here
Old 10-10-2007, 07:40 PM

Your read doesn't seem to match his stats because he's not making big plays or bluffing very often.

Based on the read, it's an easy call. Based on his AF stat and the fact that he has intentionally put you AI, it could be a fold but I would probably still call.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:41 PM

First of all, against someone this loose, you should re-raise preflop. This hides your hand and gives you the momentum heading into the flop. If 3 hearts hit on the flop and you check-raise, he's probably dropping the hand.

As played, I would just bet out on the flop. You have 12 outs which is pretty good against his range, so start building the pot for when you hit. If he is a calling station, which is very possible based off of the stats you are showing, he isn't folding to a check-raise here.

You HAVE to call the shove. Yeah, his AF is low and yes, he could have hit a higher flush, but why would you build a pot by betting every street only to fold with the hand you were hoping to hit? Bluffing? You gotta call here.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess i dont know what you mean, could you explain why the board pairing and me betting means i shouldnt consider folding?

i wasnt planning on folding but i really didnt expect a push on the river either, kinda caught me off guard.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess i dont know what you mean, could you explain why the board pairing and me betting means i shouldnt consider folding?

i wasnt planning on folding but i really didnt expect a push on the river either, kinda caught me off guard.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think what hes tryin to say is that when u bet this turn ur committing to a big pot if u hit the river. if u check behind it will make a pot sized bet on the river a lot smaller. so say villian happens to have a boat and he leads the river with a pot sized bet when u hit ur flush its easier to call cause its not putting u in a position to call an all in on the river with little information.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:24 AM

Whats his river AF? If he's like 1/1/inf, I call. he's playing it like a flush draw the whole way anyhow. I don't know that i can fold here, but he probably shows you like K4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].