Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 09:36 AM

Default Ramblings of a drunk (confederate soldier protesters included) tl;dr

so exactly 1 hour ago i was supposed to be getting picked up to make the 2nd 10hour leg of a roadtrip to new orleans with some friends for the WSOP circuit event there. To make sure the trip was enjoyable as possible i slept until 11pm last night then got wasted all night ready to have a fun roadtrip.

At 6:30 this morning i get an IM from my friend from philly who was to leave at 10pm last night and meet me at 8am this morning in columbia,sc. So here i am wide awake and drunk and hungry. I decide to walk to chick fil a and get some delicious chicken biscuits. My apartment is right across the street from the capital building and the chick fil a is right past there.

So i set off on my journey, the weather is a perfect blue sky and 70 degrees, walking through the courtyard infront of the capital building when i reach the road infront where there is some memorial. Behind said memorial is where they fly the confederate flag, the protest to remove it from the top of the capital building was met with a compromise to just put it on a small flag poll out in front. Now out there infront of the most major road in the capital city of South Carolina is 4 men with long beards dressed like confederate soldiers holding confederate flags. In the middle is a guy holding a sign saying "The south is gods country."

Now normally I would just stagger my drunk ass past them and get my delicious chicken biscuits. But this morning i just couldnt help myself, i had to just stop and say what the [censored]. The following is a rough description of what was said:

Me: So this is god's country?
Them: You bet it is, this is gods chosen land
Me: so what is with the outfits? I think some people might be offended by them.
Them: Why this is just our heritage!
Me: so is lynching and enslaving black people, also its hot out.
Them: (angry) Who's side are you on!? Why are you against your heritage!
Me: Why do you keep saying heritage? I've heard that word more in the past 2mins then i have in the past 2 years! Also do you guys get swamp sack in those things?
Them: ???
Me: you guys fail at life (walks away)

So OOT why do some people suck so much? The weather here is nice, the women are hot but god damn some people are so stupid and narrowminded it hurts.

Now i need to run to the bank to get some cash for the trip here in the next hour or 2 and i will be going right by there. So i'm taking request on things to say to them. Please give me something funny to say to these guys, i assume they will be there all day protesting their pointless lives so lets go for some quality
Old 05-10-2007, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Ramblings of a drunk (confederate soldier protesters included) tl;

I vote for attempting to repeat the entire conversation, pretending you have no memory of speaking to them a few minutes ago.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I vote for attempting to repeat the entire conversation, pretending you have no memory of speaking to them a few minutes ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha oh thats good, or maybe i should flip flop and pretend im totally on their side and couldnt agree more with everything they say?
Old 05-10-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
haha oh thats good, or maybe i should flip flop and pretend im totally on their side and couldnt agree more with everything they say?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm this is also good, but if you do this you must put on a strong southern drawl, like a cliche hick drawl... use phrases like "them liberals hate our freedom! they want them mexicans to come in and take our jobs!"
Old 05-10-2007, 10:14 AM

I don't get it...we were at war for a couple of years. Why would those army outfits be their heritage? And that flag as well? I could see it if we invaded the south after a 100 years of being a confederate nation. But they barely existed before they got burnt down.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:20 AM

Meow!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:47 AM

Because the south will hold on to anything that reminds them of the time when they actually mattered. Trust me, I live here.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:34 PM

I lived in Georgia during that state's flag bruhaha.

'Heritage' is the code word Southerners have been using since the Daughters of the Confederacy held their first tea party.

It's code for "I sure would like to lynch me a [censored] right about now."

If you get down Atlanta way on a Sunday afternoon this summer, be sure to check out Stone Mountain. Rednecks in jacked up pickups with gumbo mudders driving around flying the Stars and Bars.... whooping it up about their 'heritage'.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I lived in Georgia during that state's flag bruhaha.

'Heritage' is the code word Southerners have been using since the Daughters of the Confederacy held their first tea party.

It's code for "I sure would like to lynch me a [censored] right about now."

If you get down Atlanta way on a Sunday afternoon this summer, be sure to check out Stone Mountain. Rednecks in jacked up pickups with gumbo mudders driving around flying the Stars and Bars.... whooping it up about their 'heritage'.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm from marietta so i know all about it. For this 2nd encounter i decided to switch sides only when i got out to where they were there was now like 20 of them. I really wish i had a camera to take a picture of some of these toothless sister bangers. Also there were a few really nice sings such as "Stop the jews, protect our land" (i asked the guy "why do you agree with the (muslim) terrorist?" he didn't get it) and "America for Americans."

I also asked them where they all got their uniforms and they told me that they were all authentic and passed down in their family. I decided to just make a quick comment about hand-me-downs and that they could probably get much newer ones at walmart at great prices.

After this run in some girl came up to me and couldnt believe i had said these things to which i explained to here that "saying things they dont understand is dangerous but so long as you end every sentance with "Go (states football team: dawgs, roll tide, gamecocks, etc) then they just assume your on their side and dont let on that they have no clue what your talking about for fear of looking dumb.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:08 PM

wow, you're so awesome. you really showed them.