Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Politics - An Ultimate and Inevitable Victory

[ QUOTE ]
huh? Skidoo or anyone else is definitely not invincible with me and that's really all that counts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want some character witnesses as to Skidoo's status as a troll, look no further than SMP. Of course, half of the posters there have had him on ignore for awhile, so they might not have any recent evidence to point to...

In SMP, he trolls the Darwinists and atheists, in Politics he trolls the ACists.

He also posts under the name "Sharkey" -- who was even more reviled before he trotted out "Skidoo".
Old 03-28-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you jumped the gun pvn. I daresay politics is better now than before the changes.

Far less unpleasantness. A range of interesting topics. Fewer hijacks. A civilized discussion of AC. And new posters. Not sure about post volume but I'm liking the place a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. Search Skidoo and LinusKS if you really think so. Currently the two biggest trolls in politics since Nielsio got himself banned 15 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you 'notify mods' on their posts, or just come here, complain and hope for the best?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hit notiy mods on like 80% of Skidoo's posts that I read, as he's very clearly trolling (AKA, not interested in any kind of dialogue and simply trying to push people's buttons). I rarely do with Linus because I don't really think he's trolling so much as just ignorant and wrongheaded (my opinion obviously).
Old 03-28-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In SMP, he trolls the Darwinists and atheists, in Politics he trolls the ACists.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's funny is that IIRC, he started trolling more as a conservative then seems to have switched to liberal when he realized that would be more effective. Raving anti-capitalism is the best way to troll ACists. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you jumped the gun pvn. I daresay politics is better now than before the changes.

Far less unpleasantness. A range of interesting topics. Fewer hijacks. A civilized discussion of AC. And new posters. Not sure about post volume but I'm liking the place a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. Search Skidoo and LinusKS if you really think so. Currently the two biggest trolls in politics since Nielsio got himself banned 15 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you 'notify mods' on their posts, or just come here, complain and hope for the best?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hit notiy mods on like 80% of Skidoo's posts that I read, as he's very clearly trolling (AKA, not interested in any kind of dialogue and simply trying to push people's buttons). I rarely do with Linus because I don't really think he's trolling so much as just ignorant and wrongheaded (my opinion obviously).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this assessment is pretty accurate. It's hard to tell what Linus's intentions are. He does seem young, naive, and strongheaded more than anything. Skidoo/Sharkey is a textbook troll.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please keep hitting the notify button. I have been out of town most of the last week, but when I am home I amke it a point to read those posts very closely when I get the notices.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's funny is that IIRC, he started trolling more as a conservative then seems to have switched to liberal when he realized that would be more effective. Raving anti-capitalism is the best way to troll ACists. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When he first started posting in SMP, I just wrote him off as a religious nut who felt that he was doing the lord's work by arguing against evolutionism.

Then he started posting in Politics, and realized that he's definitely just a troll.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:07 PM

I think the mods are not doing a very good job.

I really don't understand why they lock so many threads. I asked iron81 about why he is locking threads just because they address questions in the AC FAQ. So what? Why disallow further discussion?

The mods are trigger happy and should allow a freer discussion as long as it doesn't turn into vitriol and personal attacks.

natedogg
Closed Thread