Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

pineapple lol
Old 10-24-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, there's a lot more initial negativity here than I thought there would be. I thought people would know that I will not compromise my report because of a fee.

I want to get a feeling for what people really think because I am open to the idea of calling it off if people aren't going to believe the report that I write. I don't care about the money, it isn't nearly enough for me to want or need it.

I did say let's end discussion about it, but I'm simply not going to go down there and commit a ton of time and energy for free. I'd be happy to bring Adanthar along (and chop up the fee) or even let him go for the full amount. I don't care.

Let's hear your thoughts...

[/ QUOTE ]you should both go imo, people ctitisizing you are coming off bad here and arnt makeing this forum look good. so STFU idiots. its either get me my money back and ill play there again right now(moraly inept) or im never playing threre again whatever happens! not too much objectivity at the moment it seems [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It would be like a 911 conspiracy times a thousand

[/ QUOTE ]
911,000?
Old 10-24-2007, 06:49 PM

I finally caught up on this thread.

Thanks to everyone who is supporting the idea of me going down there. I appreciate all of the kind words.

To those who think I would be fooled by a "dog and pony" show are, honestly, completely ignorant of who I am. I might come back and say "everything looks like it's on the up and up" but I would definitely qualify anything like that with problems. I guarantee I would ask for certain things and they would say "oh, that isn't possible" or "that has been deleted" or "no record of that exists" or something like that. There's way more to be learned from what they refuse than what they admit. In addition, if the NDA-type agreements are too restrictive, I'll just say that the NDAs are out of control and the visit was useless -- that will tell people a lot. OBVIOUSLY they are not going to show me incriminating evidence. I don't know if some people think I would expect them to do that, but let me clarify by saying I am pretty sure they won't.

Also, in terms of those thinking that I'm a typical random 25 y/o kid here, I don't think I am. While I won't get into my entire background, I spent a year as an auditor/consultant with Deloitte & Touche in the Philadelphia office. I also took many college classes on these types of subjects and graduated near the top of my class. I know a fair amount of audit methodology. I'm not dumb and easily fooled. I don't know how else to prove it.

Also, as stated above, I am not going on AP's money anymore. To those who think I care about the money, I'm pretty sure you have nothing to say at this point considering that, despite a lot of support, I am not taking any money from AP. I may still end up going down there as a quasi-reporter. I have not discussed all of the details yet with those who may be funding the trip. I will not pay for it out of pocket and nor will I spend that level of time and energy in addition to taking risks without compensation. If I don't go, I could remove myself from this situation pretty easily and get back to a relaxed everyday life where I can just do my regular routine quietly and no one knows about my personal business. If I do go, I'm going to just get deeper into this headache and I'll take months of flak on here and other places no matter what I bring back.

All of that being said, I feel a certain responsibility to continue what I've helped to start here. If I feel like the best thing for poker going forward includes me going down there, I will do so regardless of the inevitable criticism.

-Nat
Old 10-24-2007, 06:55 PM

andathar
ikestoy
n 82 50 24
teddyFBI
tonyRoflmao
El D
erasa
josem

Firstly, thank you superposters andathar, ikestoy, n 82 50 24, teddyFBI and tonyRoflmao. (Sorry if I forgot anyone.) Having read all these threads, I am amazed at your work and the sublime idiocy that responds in the negative.
The responses of superposters El D, josem, erasa, and especially tonyRoflmao hold the key to why the CR trip could work to the community’s benefit. So this post borrows from them.
There are two separate issues: making whole and forward transparency. AP’s goal is the rehabilitate themselves. The community’s goal can be to propose and then demand an online Player’s Bill Of Rights. Quid pro quo. They really are asking Nat to come down and tell them what we want. Leave the audits, investigations to others.
This is a unique opportunity for one (or three) of our community to meet and establish a rapport with the powers of a poker site. If the collective moral and intellectual power of the 2+2 community could influence AP towards a standard that we demand- that makes for a site we are comfortable playing on- it could migrate to other sites. A better poker world.
Please superposters, create an online Player’s Bill of Rights incorporating your ideas and send Nat away with them. You are in a position of power with a small window; use it.
There is more but I am trying to keep this short. Thanks for your attention.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:01 PM

i've thought (and posted several times) about some sort of independent organisation dedicated to improving online poker.

i'd be interested and happy to help.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the fact that Nat has all the great credibility you're all talking about is the very same fact that makes this an excellent PR move by AP, one that they will surely reference on the path to reestablishing their own credibility. With Nat's limited time and resources he will not be able to do a thorough investigation there - it will be a superficial investigation at best, and they know it. They will, however, be able to use this perceived transparency hugely to their advantage, and that is the whole point of this - to be able to say, down the road, "look we even brought one of you guys down here to ask questions." If you're going to do this you should ask them for more money to use as an investigative resource, to hire local PIs, local legwork, local investigative reporters, to incentivise the above in a substantial way and remain for a period of time long enough for it to pan out.

[/ QUOTE ]possible scenario: nat goes to cr reports back people people dont like/ unsatisfied with what they hear. people do not go back to playing on AP. result ap shuts down in a few months time. this company is a 250 million dollar business, i bleive they will go through hoops now to keep it afloat, any slight negativity on their part and they are doomed beacause people will just not have it. at the moment they are fighting an uphill battle to stay in business it seems.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
andathar
ikestoy
n 82 50 24
teddyFBI
tonyRoflmao
El D
erasa
josem

Firstly, thank you superposters andathar, ikestoy, n 82 50 24, teddyFBI and tonyRoflmao. (Sorry if I forgot anyone.)

[/ QUOTE ]
IIRC, CrazyMarco got us the data, and snagglepuss made some pretty key contributions in mining it.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:49 PM

by,

Perhaps, but snaggle is not a superposter.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like what you really mean is your not going period. So you were apparently motivated by the money. Nonetheless the whole trip sounded like a pointless exercise.

"...Since I'm not doing this for the money, I don't really care if I skip going..."

[/ QUOTE ]lol lose lose to the [censored] retard posters like this guy!! too many micro /mid limit players that salivate at the thought of 20k expenses talking crap about you doing it for the MONEY! i dont think you can explain yourslef any better nat. unlucky [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]