Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 06:16 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

[ QUOTE ]
this thread is tilting me hard

[/ QUOTE ]

same and I'm not involved in any way

how are there so many [censored] retards on this forum hyachachacahcahca
Old 10-23-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So, given a choice of having some in person access to get more information or doing it from our keyboards, I'll pick the option to have direct access.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I agree with this as long as Nat goes to Costa Rica with a completely objective mind. There shouldn't be any sentiment to "save the company" if he's going there on a fact finding mission. I worry that AP will use every tool available to ensure Nat gives a positive trip report, and combining that with his optimism, the trip will be a wash.

Nat, I don't mean to dog on you, and I really appreciate all you've done. I'm just throwing my opinion out there and I feel like you'll eventually do what's in our interests and not theirs.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:18 PM

Nat,

Anyone thinking you should go down there for free is silly. Expert witnesses, auditors, consultants, anyone taking time away from their normal life to do this sort of stuff gets compensated.

I do think it would be better if you took Adanthar along with you, in which case you should not chop up the fee, you should have them increase it.

I also doubt that you would compromise your integrity for a free trip and a few dollars.

Having said that, without any experience doing real computer forensic type work or deep financial analysis, and without access to the actual identified cheater accounts, I highly doubt there's anything you can find out here. Will you have access to all their banking transactions? How about access to all personnel/ownership information of all their corporate shells and holding companies in such a way that you can trace the money flow from deposit -> money on site -> cashouts / profits. Without being able to do that, there's really no way to say where the money is going and who is really involved.

What I expect will happen is you will go down there and meet some really nice guys who will show you a great time. They will show you names of "cheaters" who are "no longer in any way associated with the company" due to this. And they will claim that they never had any knowledge of any of this stuff going on. And that all the lies/coverups were orchestrated by those bad apples.

But you will really have no way of knowing who knew what and who is really still involved. It will just be a question of whether or not you believe these guys. And by bringing you down there and forming a personal bond with you, you will be more likely to give them the benefit of the doubt.

So, I don't see anything wrong with this, but without full access to gameplay, financial, and ownership records, it's pretty impossible to find stuff.

I'd ask for a full list of equity owners in Absolute Poker. If they don't release that (which I bet they won't), it's impossible to tell if anything has really changed behind the scenes.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:21 PM

GRUNCH

1) get the HH in question with regards to that HU match with MArk Seif.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:22 PM

ibol,

"I worry that AP will use every tool available to ensure Nat gives a positive trip report, and combining that with his optimism, the trip will be a wash."

Of course they will.

I mean, here's the thing. Regardless of what has changed or not in terms of their attitudes and involvement around all of this, Nat's likely going to find the exact same stuff.

It's not like Nat's a trained investigator jumping in with a surprise visit to inspect any/all info he wants.

This trip is basically going to be "These guys seem like some pretty good guys who I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt" or "Wow these guys seem like really shady scumbags after hanging w/ them for a week." I suspect Absolute will showcase only people who project the former image.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:22 PM

I seriously doubt he even gets to see the account rules for any accounts.. and if any others like 363 exist. I think I'd have a heart attack if they were transparent about financial/ownership records.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:26 PM

All,

BTW, I just spoke w/ Nat regarding his fee and it's perfectly reasonable for the work/time he's putting in, and frankly given the time and effort he has already put into this, it would not be unreasonable to charge even more.

While I'm skeptical of anything coming out of this, criticizing/questioning him for taking payment here is silly.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
, I am mainly going as a representative for 2p2,

[/ QUOTE ]

HI N 82 50 24:

I'm sorry but you do not represent Two Plus Two. That authorization can only from me.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 10-23-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this thread is tilting me hard

[/ QUOTE ]
there are a lot of people who want to see absolute go down in flames but don't actually want to do anything to help beyond rant in these threads
Old 10-23-2007, 06:28 PM

masowned