Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 08:11 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't it be cool if there was this alliance of poker players that had, say, 800,000+ members, and each of them would pay $25 in dues to fund it? That organization would be really powerful and take care of crap like this, relieving the duty of unpaid volunteers like Nat and adanthar.

Oh, wait....

[/ QUOTE ]

The PPA is a political organization designed to fight for our legal right to play poker. I do not believe they are intended to be an industry watchdog. Do you think they should take over the role of the Nevada Gaming Commission as well?
Old 10-21-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't it be cool if there was this alliance of poker players that had, say, 800,000+ members, and each of them would pay $25 in dues to fund it? That organization would be really powerful and take care of crap like this, relieving the duty of unpaid volunteers like Nat and adanthar.

Oh, wait....

[/ QUOTE ]

The PPA is a political organization designed to fight for our legal right to play poker. I do not believe they are intended to be an industry watchdog. Do you think they should take over the role of the Nevada Gaming Commission as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 10-21-2007, 08:15 PM

Perhaps someone needs to contact the Costa Rican Consulate, find out about get charges filed.

http://www.costarica-embassy.org/con...es/default.htm
Old 10-21-2007, 08:15 PM

I got to give a high five to the AP lawyers who quickly came in and worded an official reply in such a way that quieted the mob, didn't implicate the higher ups, and most importantly didn't do anything to harm their player base.

Well done AP! You've pulled it off in spades.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"oscar133 is almost certainly innocent"

I wouldnt jump to such conclusions, adanthar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would, and I'm better at poker. just as important as the hand itself is the fact that he's not even the #1 stack at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that OSCAR133 is innocent, and I haven't even seen any of the relevant data.

Why?

Let me familiarize you with what I call the "Jessica Simpson lie":

A guy tells his buddies that he just had sex with Jessica Simpson last night. Naturally, his buddies don't beleive him.

"Call her up right now and let's hear you talk to her about last night," demands one of them.

The guy makes a lame excuse as to why he can't.

"Okay, then tell us where the two of you went, so we can ask workers around there if they saw you with Jessica Simpson," another friend demands.

The guy stutters and stammers, and finally weakly says that they didn't go out in public.

"Surely you must have a picture of you two together. Maybe an answering machine message from her? Maybe at least an e-mail or text message from her?"

The guy again looks very uncomfortable, and says that he never took a picture with her, and that he deleted all the messages he ever got from her.

Finally, one of his friends says, "I bet you can't even show us the open box of condoms you used last night!"

Immediately the guy races to his desk drawer, pulls out an open box of condoms, and says, "SEE! Told you I had sex with Jessica Simpson!"

The moral of the story? Liars pounce on any "proof" someone asks for that happens to match their story.

Back to the AP situation. OSCAR133 has been accused on 2+2 with some very circumstantial evidence. While AP has been cryptic and difficult when it comes to obtaining evidence that could truly solve the matter, they were happy to offer anyone to come down to their office and see the account details of OSCAR133. Absolute Poker is proud of OSCAR133 because he is not a cheater, and is not connected to anyone in the company. If OSCAR133 comes away clean, it makes their other lies seem true.

OSCAR133 is an open box of condoms. Stop asking about him.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd really like to have a ballpark figure for the amount of money stolen from all this. The tournament numbers are pretty easy to run, its just the total buy in. The cash games figures are a lot harder to find obv, but I'd like to start a tally.

Send me who you lost money to and how much, I'll start compiling the numbers

[/ QUOTE ]

Just email AP and ask them. I'm sure you can trust the info they send back to you.

To all the people thinking this is going to turn into the new fish pond. I really don't see the logic behind all of this. Fish are just as likely to leave because of cheating as sharks are. I would highly doubt that there are hardly any 1/2+ players who haven't been made aware of this situation by now. They are likely to now tell themselves that cheating was the reason for their losses and switch sites. Or to be as equally offended by APs stance and behavior and leave purely for that reason.

Through all of this, AP has seemed to completely disregard the fact that there are plenty of more reputable sites that aren't known primarily for cheating and compulsive lieing.

With regards to Scott Tom and others landing on their feet after this. I don't think i would consider every one of your custumers and peers in your industry knowing that you're a filthy liar and cheat landing on your feet. And thats if they manage to stay out of jail and somehow AP is still in existance 6 months from now.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OSCAR133 is an open box of condoms.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd really like to have a ballpark figure for the amount of money stolen from all this. The tournament numbers are pretty easy to run, its just the total buy in. The cash games figures are a lot harder to find obv, but I'd like to start a tally.

Send me who you lost money to and how much, I'll start compiling the numbers

[/ QUOTE ]

Just email AP and ask them. I'm sure you can trust the info they send back to you.

To all the people thinking this is going to turn into the new fish pond. I really don't see the logic behind all of this. Fish are just as likely to leave because of cheating as sharks are. I would highly doubt that there are hardly any 1/2+ players who haven't been made aware of this situation by now. They are likely to now tell themselves that cheating was the reason for their losses and switch sites. Or to be as equally offended by APs stance and behavior and leave purely for that reason.

Through all of this, AP has seemed to completely disregard the fact that there are plenty of more reputable sites that aren't known primarily for cheating and compulsive lieing.

With regards to Scott Tom and others landing on their feet after this. I don't think i would consider every one of your custumers and peers in your industry knowing that you're a filthy liar and cheat landing on your feet. And thats if they manage to stay out of jail and somehow AP is still in existance 6 months from now.

[/ QUOTE ]
1.)TY for being a dick
2.)It always was a fish pond
Old 10-21-2007, 08:25 PM

When The Oscar Hilt Tatum Wedding Pictures were put up the response from Absolute Poker was definitive and SWIFT. Obviously, he and his family have immediate access to the decision makers at Absolute Poker. Immediate access also likely means some type of vested interest in the success of the site. There is no other explanation for the lightning quick response and denial of involvement.

Please do not let them off the hook on this. Oscar Hilt Tatum and Family are likely involved here.

Please do not drop the ball. Oscar, Hilt, Tatum...whatever your name is, I think it is very suspicious that Absolute Poker was so fast to announce your lack of involvement. Even if it is true....how would they know you are not involved? Dumbasses.

Don't let Seif off the hook, either. A bad guy, a boring guy, and likely much worse. He does not deserve a free pass. Do not forget about him here. He is not good for poker in any way.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:26 PM

I has a new avatar.

F AP
Closed Thread