Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 11:45 PM

Default Re: TV in the Lounge, Fall 07 Edition

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe in an absolute sense, but not for a guy who actually does ballroom dancing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would rather watch dancing than the fake crap on the Bachelor and I don't dance.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe in an absolute sense, but not for a guy who actually does ballroom dancing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would rather watch dancing than the fake crap on the Bachelor and I don't dance.

[/ QUOTE ]

How dare you question the integrity of the Bachelor. I challenge you to a duel, sir.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:02 AM

Excellent review as usual MrWookie. I'm glad you watched tonight! Drew looked surprisingly tongue tied and awkward. I hope somebody offers him a couple drinks before the next show.

I'm happy for you that Anna is back. She is a great dancer. (Actually I was too busy watching the guys to take notice of her [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

Jenny Garth and Derek:
These two are really cute. Jenny performed better than I thought she would. She has a killer partner so hopefully she will step it up next week. Cross your fingers that she returns. She looked super nervous and under-confident. (That Derek is something, eh Wookie? Crazy hip action! He was practically outdancing all the men during the group routine.)

Josie and Alec Mazo:
Why is it that Alec gets the worst partners? He's never around for very long. I felt really sorry for Josie. Did you see how her face fell when Len was ripping into her? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Brutal. Took her self esteem down a few notches which may not be entirely a bad thing but still i felt really sorry for her. She looked like she was having so much fun until he went and said that.

Cheetah Girl and Mystery Guy:
Ringer! Why is this girl in the competition? She is a dancer and pretty freakin good. Give her the damn globe already. No one can dance as fast as she can in this group. MrWookie is in agreement with the judges on the show that Cheetah girl's footwork is quite impressive. Hmm.

Marie O and Jonathon:
Well, she's a little hammy for me! Is she drunk or what? She's mugging to the camera too much. I found it all a little distracting. So you think she'll struggle on the Latin dances huh. It will be interesting to see. Yeah I pretty much think she's going home either this week or next.

Mel B. and Maxim!:
This is good news for us girls. Mel B. looks like a good dancer and a possible contender. Hopefully she'll watch her cheeky mouth and not turn off too many of the viewers. Americans do not like abrasive cheeky British women, ([img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] You had better not ruin this for me spice girl.)
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Maxim looked awesome as usual. Was he not the best of the male dancers Wookie?! OMG.

Dr. Quinn and Tony:
Well she was surprisingly graceful. Light as a feather and really really fluid. Who would have guessed? She's skinny as a stick though. I have my doubts that she can keep up with the really fast rhythms. I agree with you, I think we're going to see her choke on the latin dances but we'll see. Tony is very cool.

Ok you'll like this Wookie. I just read that Floyd Mayweather is paired with Karina Smirnoff. Karina is possibly my favorite of the girls. Wayne Newton gets Cheryl [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2007, 01:15 AM

My favorite girls, in order:

Anna
Edyta

The blonde Aussie chick
Cheryl

Karina

Sorry, Katy, but Karina just doesn't do it for me. Odds are I'll be seeing a lot of her, though.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't all those shows basically, "Who wants to date a wh*re?"

I'll take shows about real skills any day. I don't give a crap about random as*holes banging wh*res.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't all those shows basically, "Who wants to date a wh*re?"

I'll take shows about real skills any day. I don't give a crap about random as*holes banging wh*res.

[/ QUOTE ]

The wonderful thing is that Dancing with the Stars comes on before the Bachelor, so you don't have to make a choice - you can watch both. Have a great week!
Old 09-25-2007, 12:34 PM

Was watching one of the many CSI reruns on Spike TV (they show 3 episodes per day!). They happen to be reairing season 1 now. What amazed me is that the central cast is the exact same: Grissom, Catherine, Brass, Sara, Nick, Warrick. All were there in the second episode (and all but Sara were in the first episode). Even the "new guy", Greg, was there in the second episode, albeit as a lab guy. The only major additions are the coroner (who joined later in season 1), and Hodges, who's been there since season 3.

Is it odd these days for a show to have an entire cast intact for 7 years? (I haven't read any spoilers for this season, so please don't say anything about Sara's fate, if you know.)
Old 09-25-2007, 09:36 PM

Dancing with Wookie, 9/25/07

Time to see what the men have. The boxer seems to be an early favorite, and being an athlete, he's probably going to be a solid contender. I'm skeptical about Mark Cuban. He seems too obnoxious, and I don't think he has much performance experience.

Cameron got paired with Edyta, so he'll probably do well. Edyta has consistently gone far w/ her men, even if they haven't won. At least she got a partner taller than her this season. They got a good song, and he looked decent out there. He traveled around the floor well. His arm styling could use work, but no man has the right arm styling right away. Cameron and all of them lift their hands up from their side rather than extending them out from their bodies. He could stand to clean up his head positioning and his frame, but this was a solid effort for a first time out. I agree with the 21.

Floyd gets the second spot with cha cha. Well, in spite of building this guy up, this dance was a trainwreck. His posture and his shoulders are atrocious, and one of the constants about the cha cha is to never step on your heels. This guy pounded on his heels like it was his job. Len's going to crucify him on the hip hop stuff. Ooooorrrr not. Man, the judges were exceedingly nice to him, IMHO. At least their scores were closer to the mark.

Helio got foxtrot w/ Julianne, and his frame looked great in rehearsal. It looked good on stage, too. His frame and his arms were much better than they had any business being for a man on the first night. His footwork was a little questionable in places, esp. wrt heels and toes, but the judges here never watch that anyway. His character was very good. He could easily be the best guy. His 25 was well-earned.

Albert and my beloved Anna (even if she did get punked by hair and makeup tonight) got cha cha next. I didn't really like this routine, but I don't know exactly why. I think it had far too much pelvic thrusting. A lot of the movement seemed sloppy (other than the thrusting), and a lot of his character seemed to be more self-indulgent than interacting with Anna. I thought Len was going to nail this guy for all the thrusting like he did Apolo for his "raunchy" cha cha last season, but he liked it? I liked Cameron's foxtrot better than this, even if they got the same score.

Mark Cuban, obnoxious billionaire, got Kym, going through w/ this even w/ a hip replacement. Oh, wow. That was a surprise. I put this between the other two foxtrots. His showmanship was surprisingly good, even if his technique wasn't as good as Helio's. I think he should have gotten a 22 or so.

With what little we've seen of Wayne Newton so far, he handles himself very well on camera. He drew Cheryl, too, so she'll keep him as a contender. As for his dancing, he was consistently on rhythm, but his footwork wasn't there. He's more stomping than stepping, and he needs to watch his shoulders. His hips weren't really going, either. He will do well filling the role of endearing older guy, even if he's not quite as funny as Jerry Springer. He won't go right away, but he probably won't go as deep as Jerry Springer did.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:09 AM

Default Damages

is anyone else watching this fantastic show? It may very well be the best show on TV right now. The more we learn about what's going on the more mysterious it gets!

Terrific cast, too.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Damages

Man, at first I thought you were talking about DwtS [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

What channel/time is this on?