Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2007, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Daniel parodies the Ivey vs. Vaswani/et. all golf \"hustle\"

he likes the attention we give him
Old 04-09-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WTF is with the gay innuendo. Does Daniel have to include some of this in every blog? Not too mention his analogy is terrible, confusing and unnecessary.

Ram's reputation is far from slimey, while it's not so clear on the other side. There is definitely more to the story, and why is Ivey so against and arbitrator - cause his hustle was probably outrageous.

[/ QUOTE ]

DN goes to such great lengths to address the gay rumors that there is simply no other explanation than this: He is gay. If he wasn't he wouldn't care about the rumors in the slightest. Instead, he has to realy go overboard in his explanations that he is NOT gay. It's quite sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've gone to such great lengths to address the gay rumors surrounding Daniel Negreanu that there is simply no other explanation than this: You are gay. If you weren't, you wouldn't care about the rumors in the slightest. Instead, you have to really go overboard in your explanations that he IS gay. You are an idiot. It's quite sad.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:40 PM

am i the only one that thinks ivey is a sucker for playing nosebleed stakes with people that he wouldnt be absolutely sure he could get the money out of? (if they lived in vegas it would be easy to get every single pro living there to turn against him)
Old 04-09-2007, 05:54 PM

I had a dream last night that I met DN at n airport. I told him that honestly I was a bit mad at him. I told him that I had just come back from Vegas and I was hoping to meet him.

I told him he should mention in his blog if he would be out playing and if so the location.

He said he felt bad and wanted to hang out with me some. We went and played pool. I remember the cue he had looked like a Southwest or a Schon. He said it was neither of them. Then I messed up his tip and he wasn't even pissed off at me.

Then he gave me some poker lessons since I gave him pool lessons.

Then we ended up getting on the same plane later on and he was distancing himself from me. I figured I must have come on too strong for him.

Does that make me gay?
Old 04-09-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Daniel's defense in writing the blog:

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poke...96153&st=0

A couple of tidbits in there that hadn't been posted. E.g. At the time of play, Lindgren did still give Ivey 10 shots. It was after this match, that Erick stopped doing that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Daniel wrote: "If they would have quit after 9 holes, or cried foul then, and stopped playing, that would be understandable. However, when you continue to play 36 holes for two straight days you lose all credibility when it comes to crying foul.

I mean really, are we to believe that these guys thought they had the worst of the match but continued to play, and not only play, but raised the stakes?"

-------------------------

It might be that they figured out they were gettng hustled early on but decided to play on anyway. essentially freerolling Ivey considering they did not intend on ever paying. If in the middle of a bet I found out I was being cheated I would say nothing and just play my freeroll. If I win, then HE got hustled, if I lose, no problem, he STILL got hustled.

But If Ivey lied about his handicap, then he didn't hustle them, he flat-out cheated them.

This is probably a situation where BOTH sides of the dispute are guilty of doing something very wrong.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:14 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A couple of tidbits in there that hadn't been posted. E.g. At the time of play, Lindgren did still give Ivey 10 shots. It was after this match, that Erick stopped doing that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Daniel wrote: "If they would have quit after 9 holes, or cried foul then, and stopped playing, that would be understandable. However, when you continue to play 36 holes for two straight days you lose all credibility when it comes to crying foul.

I mean really, are we to believe that these guys thought they had the worst of the match but continued to play, and not only play, but raised the stakes?"

But If Ivey lied about his handicap, then he didn't hustle them, he flat-out cheated them.

[/ QUOTE ]

no. it's a natural part of golf gambling.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lisa : Doesn't the Bible say "Judge not, lest ye be judged ?"

Reverend Lovejoy : Errr ... maybe, somewhere near the back ....

[/ QUOTE ]

Lisa : Doesn't the Bible say "Judge not, lest ye be judged ?"

Chief Wiggum: Bible says alot of things. Push her boys!

Cody
Old 04-09-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no. it's a natural part of golf gambling.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the point that really decides the "case" as it were. I've heard from many golfers that lying about your handicap is part of "the hustle", but I've heard from many other golfers that say just the oppisite: that lying about your handicap is outside the rules of golf and is therefore cheating.

I have no idea as I'm at best a very amateur golfer, however if it's any indication, a great many people seem to think Ivey is a cheater in this instance if what's been said is true.

Cody
Old 04-09-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WTF is with the gay innuendo. Does Daniel have to include some of this in every blog? Not too mention his analogy is terrible, confusing and unnecessary.

Ram's reputation is far from slimey, while it's not so clear on the other side. There is definitely more to the story, and why is Ivey so against and arbitrator - cause his hustle was probably outrageous.

[/ QUOTE ]

DN goes to such great lengths to address the gay rumors that there is simply no other explanation than this: He is gay. If he wasn't he wouldn't care about the rumors in the slightest. Instead, he has to realy go overboard in his explanations that he is NOT gay. It's quite sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound kind of cute. Are you tall? Are you handsome? Are you clean!!!

(from Swingers :-)
Old 04-09-2007, 07:50 PM

Hey, Mikey! Mikey, is he cute?
Is he brown? - Maybe he'd like to come in and join us for a cocktail.
Is he polite? - Is he a brown man?
If he's polite, have him come in. If he's polite, let him in. Is he clean?
Have him come look. Have him take off his shoes.