Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Stars 1/2 - AA on 3 flush flop - did i play this wrong?

Check 3 bettor was 26% VPIP, 11% PF raise, 1.3 AF, first raiser was 21% VPIP, 9% PF raise, 1.9 AF.

I was thinking maybe i should just dump this on the flop. Best case 1 has a queen and the other has the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], but it's likely at least 1 has me beat to raise on that scary flop. I have to dodge a lot of cards even in that case, and there's no card that could fall that would allow me to raise.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

If the 4th diamond came, or the flop raiser raised the turn i would have folded, but i ended up calling down. Was that a mistake, or do i have to pay off unless the diamond hits?
Old 11-12-2007, 11:02 AM

Default Re: Stars 1/2 - AA on 3 flush flop - did i play this wrong?

I feel like you are surely beat here most of the time. And even if you are ahead, you can't get much value from your hand on such a scary board. I think it is a fold on the flop (of course, it's easier said than done, in my case at least).
Old 11-12-2007, 11:27 AM

Grunch:
Nobody has shown agression so I'd be the flop. After the flop with no scary cards I think you were correct to call it down.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:51 AM

:g:
I think its OK, but how about cap flop and b/f turn? I think the hand plays differently and you have 0-2 outs if you are raised. It also gets more monies in while you are still ahead.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:14 PM

Check 3 bettor acts before me. I was thinking 4 bet the flop, and if he bets out again there is no way i am ahead and i probably fold. Would that be terrible?

I was stuck in between too because the initial flop raiser could have raised me out of the pot. I'm thinking the first guy might be right and i shoulda just folded. That wouldn't be terrible would it?
Old 11-12-2007, 12:35 PM

Whell you can apply Xylos theorem which says that you should open fold on any board where JT beat you (so that applies to the turn). But really, you are good here way to often to look for folding IMO.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:19 PM

gruching, I would have folded the the flop to 2 bets. SB's range is pretty wide, but why did he check, then 3bet the flop? Could he be 3-betting to protect his made non-nut flush, fearing a Ad? Either that he's protecting his made set, and that would have gotten HERO beat too. The flop is too scary for someone to be re-raising with a str draw too.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:02 PM

It's hard to say, over how many hand are the stats? Thinking the SB has trips and he is with some heavy armor protecting it. Can't you tell more about the SB, did he play loose from the blinds? did he play connectors/Suited cards against raises? was he tight player against raisers? or does he like to see the flop for cheap? the stats dont say so much
Greets
Old 11-12-2007, 03:09 PM

After the flop comes back to you facing two bets, I'd fold this. Too much RIO and the possibility you're already FAR behind...
Old 11-12-2007, 03:13 PM

I play the same, nh.