Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 08:52 AM

Default 25nl: AKs flops NFD, calldown

At the table for less than an orbit, so, unfortunately, I can't profide any reads...

Poker Room skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.15/$0.25
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $7.10
UTG+1: $25.85
MP1: $44.20
Hero: $25.75
MP3: $20.30
CO: $71.35
Button: $8.35
SB: $39.05
BB: $24.75

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, 3 folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($4, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $2</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($8, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $4</font>, Hero calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($16, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $10</font>, Hero calls.

I know I can reraise/push/call a shove or whatever on the flop cause my hand is big there, but how's this?
Old 10-12-2007, 09:46 AM

Default Re: 25nl: AKs flops NFD, calldown

I raise on the flop to get a free look at the turn in this scenario. Calling river is better than raising IMO, simply because he's betting every street with what could be a set. The only thing calling your river raise is a boat that filled up on the river. I'm a bit wary about his bet sizing too...flop and turn are 1/2 pot but river is 2/3 pot.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:52 PM

I tend to raise small donkbets on the flop regardless of my holding, especially with the NFD. I hate the call down line as it seems like meaningless pot control for a big drawing hand.

Happy birthday Rapid!
Old 10-12-2007, 01:48 PM

Put the last 7 in. He'll make a lot of crying calls with hands you beat. I really don't believe he filled up here.

That said, for the love of Pete raise the flop. You have 2 overs and the NFD, don't look to play this hand conservatively.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:49 PM

i dont condone it but it does have some merit
some people will make blocking bets when drawing at the flush, so if you had a read that he would do something like that calling down can you paid off hard if you both hit the flush.
still though, not the best line

edit: calling on the river is really bad. You have less than a minraise left. People think he seriously will only call with a boat?
He didn't play it like he had a set. There are so many other hands he could/is more likely to have. Also, you have been paying to draw the whole time.
Clear raise IMO
Old 10-12-2007, 03:17 PM

i agree that if u have a read that his donk bet = flush draw, but with no read I am putting a strong raise in on the flop and im calling a shove.

I agree that he's unlikely to have a set.... i think a set needs to protect itself from the possible draws on the turn. your call here is fine, there is not much point in raising, u may chase away a poorly played 99, TT, or TP, but thats about it

definitely shove the river, with only $7 behind there are plenty of inferior hands that will call grudgingly because of pot odds.