Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 03:02 PM

Default KK deep - weak turn play?

Villain is 15/11 Overall Aggression 1.2
Have over 800 hands with him and this was the first 3 bet from blinds i ever saw from him, and my initial raise was UTG+1. (he reraises me from the blinds pre)

I dont dispute with these stacks that a 4 bet was in order, however i decided to mix it up with this guy and flat call.
My question is really on my turn play as this guy was a PURE NIT and never ever semi-bluffed big or any ordinary aggressive play at all.

Note: I was trying to figure the right raise amt. on the flop and the slider stuck into a "slow mode" and wouldnt move correctly and i almost ran out of time so i hit the CALL button quickly to keep from the program folding me. (i am used to the extra time of full tilt and this short time period caught me offguard slightly)

I figured that his 3 bet pre was a range of QQ+ and AK (maybe the AK, i dunno) and once he fires heavy again on the turn, i think his range has reduced to QQ, KK AA
and just a possible AK of the 2 suits on flop.

This was a really really tight fold i know, but honestly after thinking and re-thinking i cannot widen this guys range AT ALL even after all the dust has cleared.

by the way, his timing of the second barrel was exactly what it would seem to be if he had QQ and was worried about the flush draw hitting river. 3-4 seconds and he fired the second barrel right away. <<No consideration for what i called the flop with>>

Comments?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $424.50
BB: $1,009.60
UTG: $414.00
Hero (MP): $1,088.40
CO: $317.51
BTN: $1,164.12

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $15.00</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $52.00</font>, Hero calls $37.00

Flop: ($106) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $92.00</font>, Hero calls $92.00

Turn: ($290) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $266.00</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $556.00
Old 07-15-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: KK deep - weak turn play?

well played IMO
Old 07-15-2007, 03:13 PM

jesus i need to get on party poker... i hate it all
Old 07-15-2007, 03:44 PM

Looks fine versus a nit, not that they ever [censored] slow down once they're actually in a pot
Old 07-15-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well played IMO

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-15-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks fine versus a nit, not that they ever [censored] slow down once they're actually in a pot

[/ QUOTE ]

In discussing with a friend who plays live only and thought it was too tight a fold on the turn, i question what the NIT could possibly have here (other than KK) that i lose to? This nit would never 3 bet from blinds with AQs IMO. He never ever had 3 bet from blinds at all before.

I just dont see the nit firing t 266 with JJ on the turn either once i call the flop. Most players play 250bb very straightforward and especially a NIT who has built his stack up. This guy was taking no chances every, big stack or small.

having said that...is there an argument that can be made (against this predictable an opponent) to play the turn any other way?
Old 07-15-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In discussing with a friend who plays live only and thought it was too tight a fold on the turn, i question what the NIT could possibly have here (other than KK) that i lose to? This nit would never 3 bet from blinds with AQs IMO. He never ever had 3 bet from blinds at all before.

I just dont see the nit firing t 266 with JJ on the turn either once i call the flop. Most players play 250bb very straightforward and especially a NIT who has built his stack up. This guy was taking no chances every, big stack or small.

having said that...is there an argument that can be made (against this predictable an opponent) to play the turn any other way?

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry---i meant what hands can villain have that i am actually ahead of here possibly?
Old 07-15-2007, 04:06 PM

no, no argument for playing the turn any other way.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well played IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-15-2007, 04:56 PM

Ok, this is not a good flop for you, but if you fold turn without having shown any strenght, you def have to 4bet.