Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Short Urinals

Are short urinals supposed to be for children and midgets? The last office I worked at did not have any short urinals. My new office does even though there are no children or midgets there. I notice that many people will use the short urinal only if all of the regular ones are taken, even if it means forfeiting the one urinal buffer zone!

Midgets and children can only use short urinals, but regular sized adult men can still use the short urinal. Why aren't all the urinals short? What is the disadvantage for a regular sized adult using a short urinal?

Answers are greatly appreciated.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Short Urinals

It's so you can reach the mint without using your hands.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:39 PM

PETITION FOR INSTANT THREAD RE-NAMING.

As the floor to the bathroom on my floor at my office will attest to, most people when attempting to use an Evanal piss all over the [censored] floor. They're nasty.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:44 PM

I used to think they were for dudes in wheelchairs. But the one guy in a wheelchair where I work always uses the throne, even for #1. So I'm not sure what the [censored] they are for.

It's probably some stupid law that public buildings/offices must have them for the handicapped even though the handicapped probably prefer not to use them. There's so many legislators in wheelchairs, it's hard to imagine that the legislature wouldn't understand what it's like to be anything but white, male, and able-bodied.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:47 PM

They're for bring your kid to work day obv.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to think they were for dudes in wheelchairs. But the one guy in a wheelchair where I work always uses the throne, even for #1. So I'm not sure what the [censored] they are for.

It's probably some stupid law that public buildings/offices must have them for the handicapped even though the handicapped probably prefer not to use them. There's so many legislators in wheelchairs, it's hard to imagine that the legislature wouldn't understand what it's like to be anything but white, male, and able-bodied.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Please explain how this would possibly work.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It's probably some stupid law that public buildings/offices must have them for the handicapped even though the handicapped probably prefer not to use them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. In each room, where urinals are provided, at least one needs to be no higher than 17" above the floor.

The reason why you see high (usually 24") urinals in your old office, is because they were installed years ago (grandfathered) probably, and do not have to be brought into compliance until a certain amount of renovation is done to that level of that building.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:57 PM

The short urinal is required by the Americans with Disabilities Act. I just looked it up and all it says is "Stall-type urinals provide greater accessibility for a broader range of persons, including people of short stature"
Old 02-06-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL! Please explain how this would possibly work.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not in a wheelchair, so I wouldn't know. And I've never really thought about it.

I should be a legislator. Vote for me!
Old 02-06-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why aren't all the urinals short? What is the disadvantage for a regular sized adult using a short urinal?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know who the [censored] they are, but some percentage of us can't seem to take a leak without nastying up the floor around the urinals. We don't need them shooting any further than necessary.