Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 08:05 PM

Default 10NL - QQ on ace high flop in position

Hey guys, would like your thoughts on this hand. Villain was 13.56/11/6. No other reads.

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Button ($12.85)
SB ($9.80)
BB ($4.95)
Hero ($10.85)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.35, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($0.90) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.65</font>, Hero calls $0.65.

My thoughts were that he could be doing this with a lot of hands, mainly lesser pocket pairs and flush draws and I've got position, so I'll call.

Turn: ($2.20) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.6</font>, SB calls $0.60.

I don't want to check behind and show weakness only to face a PSB on the river so this is a blocking bet of sorts (I know not standard definition of blocking bet). I'm thinking it might have been smarter to make a larger bet repping the flush to possibly fold out better hands with the added benefit of a likely free showdown. Are we entering FPS territory? Anyone check behind on turn?
Old 11-21-2007, 12:53 AM

Default Re: 10NL - QQ on ace high flop in position

I'd bet more on the turn. You are giving him great odds to draw to a diamond if he has one, and plus your bet just looks sooooo weak, that I'd worry it will inspire him to play back at you. I don't think hes got an ace, as hed want to bet it on the turn to protect his hand. same with a set or the straight. So unless hes got Axdd you are good. I think hes got like 65 or 77 or something.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Re: 10NL - QQ on ace high flop in position

This looks like a weakly played ace to me, possibly with a flush draw. I would bet half the pot on the turn so I don't encourage him to play back at me. I checking behind any river that isn't the Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] because he isn't likely to lay down an ace or pay off with a smaller pocket pair.