Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Beat: Bodog

The Bodog software has cost me hundreds of real dollars and thousands of dollars in equity over the past several months. This is not a rant post. My intention with this post is to inform players of my experience with Bodog and see if anyone has had similar things happen to them.

Let me first state that the only reason I was playing on Bodog was because the people who play there are terrible. Bodog only allows you to play 3 tables at a time and the software is awful.

The main problem I was having with the software is that I could only open and close a table a few times before my software would crash and I would have to shut it down and restart it. If i did this I would have to get on all new tables and start over. Same thing for clicking on player notes or looking at hand histories...do it a few times and the software crashes. Additionally, I could only add chips a few times before it would crash. I made many phone calls to try to fix this. I spent forever on the phone with them and did everything they asked, nothing worked. I even installed logging software they had me download which kept track of what the software was doing while I was playing. I copied all of those files and emailed all of them back to Bodog. I was supposed to get a quick response. Long story short I called several times and after months talked to a guy who (I swear to God) said they had more important things to do. OOOOK. They never even looked at it.

Weird things happened with the software like next to my screen name on a table I would see someone elses avatar and not mine.

Two bizarre things happened. One where I had the nuts on the river and villain bet into me and the software folded my hand without me acting. I was not on autofold because there was a 3 seconds before "I" folded. I called them and eventually they gave me the money back I put into the pot (this was probably a 280 bb pot at 2/3nl so I lost quite a bit of money there).

I was playing today when on the turn I'm hu with villain who had made a small rr pf and I notice on the turn there's a ton of money in the pot when it went check check on the flop. I'm like wtf? I look at the hh and see it says I called a bet of 75 on the flop...I swear I didn't. I used to 12 table sngs without misclicking; I don't misclick 3 tabling cash.

Anyway obv I'm done with Bodog. I don't care how poorly everyone plays when you have software that folds your nuts and makes calls for you, winning is difficult.

Anyone heard of someone having problems like these?
Old 11-18-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Beat: Bodog

Old 11-18-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Beat: Bodog

lol at that pic.

i used to be a regular on bodog for awhile and had all of these problems. the software would even crash all the time. its the only site ive ever managed to cash out from reguarly. players are horrible.