Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 05:53 PM

Default 88 UTG

Villain is laggy pf with PFR: 26% after 100 ~hands. He plays aggro, but no that bad post-flop. After he 3-bets pf his range consists of many PP, broadway combos and aces (not the worst of them).

Full Tilt 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] .
Hero raises, 3 folds, SB 3-bets, 1 fold, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
SB bets, Hero ???
Old 10-18-2007, 06:20 PM

Default Re: 88 UTG

If you think his range is really wide and that he calls down Ax on non hearts you should just go ahead and raise

To spare me the agony of getting 3-bet I just call down tho. Wen he doesnt have a biger heart you are way ahead and dont mind that he just barrels away
Old 10-18-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Re: 88 UTG

You aren't really WA/WB in this hand, but I would play postflop as if you were. It's hard to know who's drawing and how well. If Villain has a 4-outer, I'd rather let him keep firing than push him off of it (so long as he's likely to bet at least one of the major streets), and if he's got a heart overcard to your pair, you'll usually be a coinflip on the flop (you are so long as his other card is also an overcard to your pair) and you will have trouble getting rid of Villain too.

That leaves a blank turn as the place to raise, if you're going to, but I would hate getting 3-bet so much that I doubt I'd do it.