Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Continuation Bets on Flop and Turn

I do not have any reads on BB and CO. Even though there is an Ace on flop, I bet on flop since the board was relatively uncoordinated. Turn - 3rd heart comes, but I bet out anyway. I was planning to fold if I get raised. River - 4th heart comes. I checked and called here. Do you bet on this flop and turn? Comments on all streets are appreciated. Thank you.

HOLD'EM LIMIT ($0.10/$0.20) - 10 handed

Preflop9 players) Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
4 folds, Hero raises, CO calls, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop(6.5SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players):
BB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn(4.5BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players):
BB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, BB fold.

River(6.5BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players):
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls.

Final pot: 8.5BB
Old 10-03-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Continuation Bets on Flop and Turn

Yes, I bet the flop and the turn. The river is a meh situation with no reads. Go with whatever you think the "unknown" villain at your stakes will do.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:02 PM

You played it fine, now fold the river. The only hand we beat is a low pair turned into a bluff, which you will rarely see from micro fish.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:42 PM

I would have check/folded the flop, you pretty much missed it. With overcard the flush possibility and even(though somewhat unlikely) staight possibilities working against you, it just seems pretty risky especially with no read.

You have less than 2 outs because Jh puts 3 hearts on the board. This probably would be more playable if you held Jh. There are too many possible hands to beat yours and little chance of you improving; A-x (micro players love their ace rags), pocket 9's, KQ-KTh, QJ-QTh JTh or any 2 hearts... alot of holdings either have you beaten or are likely to improve to beat you by the river.

Since you did'nt fold... I think the The turn C-Bet was good for protection and as wa/wb check (Would you have folded to aggression?) This would have been a bad spot to check/call as you would be showing weakness and giving those who may be sitting on the fence (ie your more passive players) with marginally playable hands a reason to contest the pot, however you could already be beaten, and you are doing the CO's betting for him.

Betting the turn may (probably not this is after all micro stakes) push out smaller flush holdings, or A-x (more likely) with a non heart rag, but you are betting into a situation where you are very posibly beaten.

The river... you came this far so you should see it through for one more bet, but I think more times than not you will find yourself beaten in this scenerio.

I would have picked a better battle fight.

Rigga
Old 10-03-2007, 07:38 PM

brutal river call ... i imagine you won - but, whatever.

betting the turn getting two callers on that flop rather questionable
Old 10-03-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
now fold the river. The only hand we beat is a low pair turned into a bluff, which you will rarely see from micro fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I should have folded the river.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since you did'nt fold... I think the The turn C-Bet was good for protection and as wa/wb check (Would you have folded to aggression?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for detailed explanation! Yes, I would have folded to aggression on Turn.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not have any reads on BB and CO. Even though there is an Ace on flop, I bet on flop since the board was relatively uncoordinated. Turn - 3rd heart comes, but I bet out anyway. I was planning to fold if I get raised. River - 4th heart comes. I checked and called here. Do you bet on this flop and turn? Comments on all streets are appreciated. Thank you.

HOLD'EM LIMIT ($0.10/$0.20) - 10 handed

Preflop9 players) Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
4 folds, Hero raises, CO calls, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop(6.5SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players):
BB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn(4.5BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players):
BB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, BB fold.

River(6.5BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players):
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls.

Final pot: 8.5BB

[/ QUOTE ]

With two callers on this flop I would not have bet the turn. If you had gotten one fold on the flop then I probably would have made the continuation bet on the turn. But not here. The callers either have an ace or a flush draw.

I would check the turn here. On the river I'd fold if a heart or another overcard hit.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:33 AM

This is a personal issue here. I think I am up against it with little redraw value.

some guys give up on the flop, some give up on the turn some hack away to the river because well everyone may fold and we could have salvaged a win out of this.

Its a medium sized pot. turn is probably one of the worse cards in the deck for you. No one taking posession, ok keep going.

river well you made your bed now lie in it. Bet if you think you are the best hand or check/fold. Check/call is making a value hedge, that doesn't pay off 1 in 6.5

If I play this hand I die with it, don't bail on the turn.

If you think the flush is not a possibility then check the flop and bet the turn.

To summarize, as played river is bad.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:04 AM

Just a couple more thoughts...

I really think this is an easy fold on the flop... you hit the Jh on the turn and your pretty much trapped... yeah there is some possibility that you may be ahead at that point, but hitting your set would probably incite you to bet even more into a likely beaten hand. Which is why I would think it would be better to pick a better battle to fight.

You may also want to consider the table image ramifications for showing this down too, though JJ is a very nice holding preflop, the flop marginalized this hand, showing it down (win or loose) may give your more observant opponnents ideas...(ie you will chase when the flop does'nt hit you) but the flip side of that is, if you are aware that message is being sent and weather or not it was recieved, it gives you an additional facet to play with... your cards and the players.

Rig