Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Does smoking improve your play?
Holla 30 20.83%
Nawwwwww 39 27.08%
It aint matta if i be smoking the ganji or nawt, play da sizzame 26 18.06%
I don't know, thus, I don't even know what I answered this poll. 49 34.03%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2007, 02:46 AM

Default Re: The Well: N 82 50 24 (10.03.07)

Where would you be now if there was no poker boom?

Do you want to throw up when you hear poker websites selling for millions of dollars (like nwp selling for 4 million or something ridiculous)?

Aside from replacing me, what would you have changed from the start of our project with the knowledge you have now?

why dont you smoke weed?

dieinyourwellkthx
Old 10-05-2007, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What makes them so good in your mind?

[/ QUOTE ]
They're all really really good at winning lots of pots without showing down. I hate the concept of tourney life for the most part, but there is some merit to winning small pots and figuring out how and when people are most likely to fold. Becoming a big winner by playing a solid tourney game with a few late position steals is a thing of the past IMO. Some people seem to be afraid to look stupid or put their chips in bad and that's a huge handicap for them. Assuming you've played a lot of hands, I feel like going with your instincts will get you more tourney success than anything else. That being said, I've never attempted nor had tourney success so who am I to give advice.

[/ QUOTE ]
God damn it, I've been trying to tell the forum this for eighteen months, and you said it perfectly in one paragraph, like an afterthought. I feel dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sweet. That made me feel smart to hear you say that.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you need additional editing assistance let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]
Will do. Eric is actually really good at this stuff for being self-taught. I'm not sure how he figured it out, but he has OCD, which probably helps. I don't know how he would deal with another editor, especially one he doesn't know and probably doesn't live near.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My sophomore year roommate, and one of my best friends from college, was your cousin Zach--does that qualify me as cool enough to hang out with you at the PCA this year?

[/ QUOTE ]
Zach is a cool kid, it's too bad I don't hang out with him more often. My sister seems like she's pretty good friends with him though.

And yes, definitely introduce yourself at the PCA if you know what I look like and see me there.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Where would you be now if there was no poker boom?

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably broke and in grad school of some kind.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you want to throw up when you hear poker websites selling for millions of dollars (like nwp selling for 4 million or something ridiculous)?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, because there's no way they sold for that much or anything close to that.

[ QUOTE ]
Aside from replacing me, what would you have changed from the start of our project with the knowledge you have now?

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, wouldn't have replaced you. I just would have added someone else who would work really hard and whatnot. You might think I'm just saying this, but having a coder who also plays poker is soooooooooooooo important. Trying to explain this stuff to Russians, Indians, Argentines (sp?) and whoever else puts me on uber mega life tilt. It's so much easier to say "hrmm, let's make the page graph lifetime ROI by site" (which is a good idea IMO) than it is to have to explain every minute detail. So I am definitely glad I started out with a coder who is a poker player. But I think we needed to be a little more serious about selling ads on the site because I never put any effort into it.

[ QUOTE ]
why dont you smoke weed?

dieinyourwellkthx

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess a couple of reasons. First, it never did much for me. Second, I don't like putting smoke in my lungs. Granted I know it isn't anything like cigarettes when it comes to destroying lungs, but I'm not convinced it doesn't do any damage. Third, it's a pain in the ass to deal with getting good weed and not worrying about what might or might not be in it. Fourth, I don't like to spend a lot of money on something I don't even enjoy. And fifth, I just never had roommates in college who did it a lot, so I just never really got into it.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like putting smoke in my lungs.

[/ QUOTE ]
cue Shaun pimping the volcano
Old 10-05-2007, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What makes them so good in your mind?

[/ QUOTE ]
They're all really really good at winning lots of pots without showing down. I hate the concept of tourney life for the most part, but there is some merit to winning small pots and figuring out how and when people are most likely to fold. Becoming a big winner by playing a solid tourney game with a few late position steals is a thing of the past IMO. Some people seem to be afraid to look stupid or put their chips in bad and that's a huge handicap for them. Assuming you've played a lot of hands, I feel like going with your instincts will get you more tourney success than anything else. That being said, I've never attempted nor had tourney success so who am I to give advice.

[/ QUOTE ]
God damn it, I've been trying to tell the forum this for eighteen months, and you said it perfectly in one paragraph, like an afterthought. I feel dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sweet. That made me feel smart to hear you say that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, yeah, I don't really feel dumb, but I feel like this really is where a real edge comes from in tournaments-- knowing when and how to make your opponents fold. I feel like a lot of the players who have had big success but who most of the regulars here deride as spewy clowns are doing just that-- putting pressure on people all the time, and whenever they're wrong about their fold equity, trying to get lucky.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:03 AM

Oh, at some point I'll have a real question or two, I'm sure.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:05 AM

Wow, 5,000-10,000 subscribers when you launched the site. How many subs did it peak at and what level of monthly average does it get? I'm wondering if it's grown a lot bigger or tapered off.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:26 AM

Are you playing in the 'Bluff Invitational' at the office today? How do you like your chances? Will you pay me on the side if I cause Morris to throw chips or break something?