Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What's the favourite?
L/c 0 0%
L/R 1 11.11%
B/c 0 0%
B/R 8 88.89%
I mix it up to keep the monkey and the rest of the table off balance. 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, September, READ RULES IN TOP POST

Have you seen this funny video? Looks like 2p2.
Also, my poker IQ was 104. I better stick to Donk-n-goes.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:45 PM

Got my first stars SnG collusion e-mail.

LOL - someone was cheating at the $1.20's or $3.40's.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:45 PM

I need to kill 1/2 hour waiting for friends to finish up big game (4/8) at Sam's Town. I get on the list. A guy stands up so the brush calls me for the 4/8. I buy two racks, but the dealer claims no open seats. I sit down at the open 2/4 seat with $200. No one else has over $60. The table sees flops 7-9 handed while I'm waiting for my blind. I play one orbit where I fold A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on a 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] board after I donk and someone raises the river. Back door flush WTF and ftw.

Orbit #2, Hero is UTG+1. UTG ($15 behind) raises, Hero 3-bets J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5 people cold-call three bets, UTG caps. We go 7-handed to the flop with 28 SB in the pot.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

check, check, UTG bets, Hero raises, two cold-call, UTG calls all-in. 34 SB in main pot and 1.5 in side.

Turn 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Check, Hero bets, two calls.

River: (17 BB main, 4.5 side) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Check, Hero checks, check.

UTG announces two-pair. Hero sees friends are ready to leave and starts racking up, tables what he assumes is a losing hand. No one does anything. SB finally mucks, other player looks at hand for a long time and mucks. UTG mucks and dealer shoves Hero both pots. Hero immediately racks up and leaves.

So the question is what the hell could the other players possibly be holding?
Old 09-12-2007, 01:57 PM

I have no idea why, but the "two pair" on paired boards pisses me off more than anything. Maybe it's just because I'm used to discussing hands online where people actually realize that hand values are relative and not absolute. I haven't decided if it's an angle to get people to fold better hands or just part of the retard poker culture that annoys me so much. I'm going to have my bums look into it.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:09 PM

i just woke up from a nap before class to find out one of my classes got canceled today. holla
Old 09-12-2007, 02:10 PM

Not that I'm obsessed with that damn test or anything, but..

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1

is a big thread about it.

Test was written by Lyric, a HSNL poster.

Several people scored ok when they answered how they would play, but did very well just trying to get what they thought the tester wanted.

Of course there's some disagreement with the answers.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sam's Town donkament. $50+20r, 40 entrants, 10 remaining, pays five spots.

Hero is 2nd in chips with about 45k. BB busted Hero's steal (Q2o called by ATo) on the previous orbit and has about 30k. Most stacks are in the 15-20k range, with three under 10k.

Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

blinds 3k/6k (lol donkaments)
<font color="#666666">UTG folds</font>, UTG+1 calls all-in t4000, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(t12k main, t4k side)</font>
<font color="red">Hero bets t6k</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to t17k</font>, Hero ???

Read: As usual, everyone including BB hates Hero for (use Bennett Brower-style air quotes) "raising too much" and "stealing pots" and "refusing a 10-handed save where all but spots 1-3 only got their buy-in back." BB called Hero's open-shove from the SB last orbit with ATo after tanking for about 30 seconds, which is long in this game. Hero showed Q2o. SB had also shoved QTo from his SB into Hero's BB over several limpers earlier in the tournament. QTo&gt;55&gt;Hero's ATo.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to fold here you shouldn't be leading the flop. I know live players take the implicit collusion situation here waaaaay too far sometimes but you'd like to believe they are raising AK/AQ most of the time and AJ and AT sometimes preflop. Also, since lives players have no clue about odds he could easily be raising the flop with a middle pair willing to fold if you shove. If he has a better ace you'll pick up 3 more outs to a split most of the time.

So give him a range of all combos of AT-A2, 75% of his AQ/AJ holdings, 50% of his AK hands, and say 50% of his JJ-55 hands, and 44. You are ahead of his range here.

[ QUOTE ]
429,625 games 11.359 secs 37,822 games/sec

Board: Ad Ac 4s
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 61.837% 49.93% 12.06% 214525 51827.00 { Ah8c }
Hand 1: 38.163% 26.20% 12.06% 112552 51827.00 { JJ, TdTh, ThTs, 9d9h, 9h9s, 8d8h, 8d8s, 8h8s, 44, AsTs, A9s-A2s, AdKc, AdKh, AdQc, AdQh, AdQs, AdJc, AdJh, AdJs, ATo-A2o }

[/ QUOTE ]

If his range is only aces and 44 you're a 43-57 dog. Add one PP bluff like 77 and you're up to 48.5% equity. Given that his aces will be weighted away from the AK/AQ holdings and the small chance he's bluffing there no way you can fold. If you're question is to call or push, I don't think it matters. It's hard to represent a hand that can call here and fold to a turn bet. But people suck and he might put you on TT and push the turn with his 99 b/c there's no way you can call.

Is there any reason you didn't push pf? It's almost a freeroll.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sam's Town donkament. $50+20r, 40 entrants, 10 remaining, pays five spots.

Hero is 2nd in chips with about 45k. BB busted Hero's steal (Q2o called by ATo) on the previous orbit and has about 30k. Most stacks are in the 15-20k range, with three under 10k.

Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

blinds 3k/6k (lol donkaments)
<font color="#666666">UTG folds</font>, UTG+1 calls all-in t4000, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(t12k main, t4k side)</font>
<font color="red">Hero bets t6k</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to t17k</font>, Hero ???

Read: As usual, everyone including BB hates Hero for (use Bennett Brower-style air quotes) "raising too much" and "stealing pots" and "refusing a 10-handed save where all but spots 1-3 only got their buy-in back." BB called Hero's open-shove from the SB last orbit with ATo after tanking for about 30 seconds, which is long in this game. Hero showed Q2o. SB had also shoved QTo from his SB into Hero's BB over several limpers earlier in the tournament. QTo&gt;55&gt;Hero's ATo.

[/ QUOTE ]

So give him a range of all combos of AT-A2, 75% of his AQ/AJ holdings, 50% of his AK hands, and say 50% of his JJ-55 hands, and 44. You are ahead of his range here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those were pretty much my exact thoughts.

[ QUOTE ]

Is there any reason you didn't push pf? It's almost a freeroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I know live players take the implicit collusion situation here waaaaay too far sometimes

[/ QUOTE ]

People suck so bad at playing flops with an all-in player I thought I'd check and leverage that advantage. The flop kind of screwed that idea.

This story has a good punchline.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:07 PM

BTW one question I'm interested in is the Heads vs. Tails one because given the info it was heads 5 straight times we can assume the coin isn't balanced and you should pick head.s
Old 09-12-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW one question I'm interested in is the Heads vs. Tails one because given the info it was heads 5 straight times we can assume the coin isn't balanced and you should pick head.s

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that one was really obvious.

Also, durrr is on wsop live at a ridiculously hard table. Harman, Gus, Raymer, Vaswani, Bjorn, Durrr
Closed Thread