Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ladyboy?
No 10 7.14%
Yes 130 92.86%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2007, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Who is most recognizable worldwide?

[ QUOTE ]
Beckham, Bush, Jordan, the other 3. Also LOLOLOLOLOL at the guy who said Beckham isn't big in Asia. I expect the vast majority of the world outside of the US couldn't name one single current American sports star, but an absolute tonne of them are going to know who Beckham, Maradona, Pele, Ronaldo are.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT ABOUT BIN LADEN??

Seriously, you think M.Jordan is better known in Tangiers, Kirachi, Nairobi or Moscow than Bin Laden?
Old 09-10-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
here´s another top 5

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, not sure how well known he is in China, India or the ex USSR... and that's about 3 billion people.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY5xIavvl6Y

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say Japan. Obviously Japan doesn't count. My point was about non-Westernised countries.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly could not recognise a single baseball / basketball / American football player in history. Michael Jordan? No idea. Tall muscular black guy I guess, but I can't put a face to him. Maybe if I googled him it'd look familiar, but I couldn't tell him from Magic Jordan (the other name I know). In fact with the exception of boxers and tennis players, the only American sportsmen I could recognise are OJ Simpson, Tiger Woods, Hulk Hogan, and - oh wait, a basketball player - Dennis Rodman because he was on the TV show Big Brother here in the UK, but I had no idea who he was at the start. These sports that are just big in the US don't mean [censored] to the rest of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Armstrong?
Old 09-10-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i really don't think being from the uk is an excuse for not knowing what michael jordan looks like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, do you realise how arrogant that sounds?

You probably don't know what Ronnie O'Sullivan looks like. But I wouldn't say that being American was "no excuse". I recognise people that are big in your country mean [censored] over here, and vice versa.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I honestly could not recognise a single baseball / basketball / American football player in history. Michael Jordan? No idea. Tall muscular black guy I guess, but I can't put a face to him. Maybe if I googled him it'd look familiar, but I couldn't tell him from Magic Jordan (the other name I know). In fact with the exception of boxers and tennis players, the only American sportsmen I could recognise are OJ Simpson, Tiger Woods, Hulk Hogan, and - oh wait, a basketball player - Dennis Rodman because he was on the TV show Big Brother here in the UK, but I had no idea who he was at the start. These sports that are just big in the US don't mean [censored] to the rest of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Armstrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lance or Louis?
Old 09-10-2007, 10:41 AM

Lance.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:43 AM

srsly lol....

do you guys have any idea how small basketball is? there is like one smallish country that follows it as their 4th biggest sport and you are discussing a guy with no recognisable features that used to be good at the game like 10 years ago

compared to a guy that is a sex symbol, associated to one of the biggest music superstar groups of all time, a global fashion icon that basically dictates male hair style for billions of people and is currently just coming down from being one of the worlds greatest players in a game played by the entire world....

yeah ill bet it is really close guys

Is Jordan more recognizable in silhouette?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i really don't think being from the uk is an excuse for not knowing what michael jordan looks like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, do you realise how arrogant that sounds?

You probably don't know what Ronnie O'Sullivan looks like. But I wouldn't say that being American was "no excuse". I recognise people that are big in your country mean [censored] over here, and vice versa.

[/ QUOTE ]

what planet are you on man? of course i know what ronnie o sullivan looks like, i have even read his autobiography. i am english though.

i know what a ton of american sportsman look like, past and present. i don't really care or think any less of you that you don't. but michael f'ing jordan? cmon. it's not even got anything to do with sport, it just indicates that you somehow didn't read a single newspaper in the 90s.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
srsly lol....

do you guys have any idea how small basketball is? there is like one smallish country that follows it as their 4th biggest sport and you are discussing a guy with no recognisable features that used to be good at the game like 10 years ago

compared to a guy that is a sex symbol, associated to one of the biggest music superstar groups of all time, a global fashion icon that basically dictates male hair style for billions of people and is currently just coming down from being one of the worlds greatest players in a game played by the entire world....

yeah ill bet it is really close guys

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol? Plz tell me beckham is associated with some group other than spice girls...