Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 04:03 AM

Default Re: ***Official Stars Regs Thread***

n8f4LL plays like how I used to, selecting a pretty tight preflop range and expecting that betting every street should take it down.

Some 1/2 regulars I do not like at my tables: DrivingDog, k345 (he drops down enough to be a "regular"), Dr_Krasnicki
Old 09-21-2007, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've been arguing some with a guy on a swedish forum that plays PS 5/10 and above, he posted a hand against sethy so i know at least one of you have met him. He says his a regular there and his screenname is Flesh2Flesh. Is he a good player?

[/ QUOTE ]

How did I play it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO you played it fine, but he thinks you played it wrong. So I really took a fight for you and I think I won it. It was a hand where you 3-betted AJ from SB and then flesh caps also with AJ in BB. Then its a bet and a raise to you on a A42r flop. You call and flesh call. Turn and river is an 8 and 9 no FD and both you and flesh c/c down and the floppraiser shows A2.

Flesh thought you should fold flop since he showed strenght pf and it was a raise on the flop.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:27 AM

what a stupid hand to pick a fight about. "flesh" bets the flop with ~100% of his range and we're doing decent against the flop raisers range. maybe folding is right, but what a stupid spot to nitpick. if he is so sure seth should fold the flop, shouldn't he make a fold somewhere later when seth keeps calling? durrrrrrrrrr uhhhhhthuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh
Old 09-21-2007, 06:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody in the lower limits play with ThxBearl? I have him as a TAGfish. He doesn't adjust his raising range for position and seems to play straight forward post-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bearl holds the record for consecutive suckouts against me. I always have him in bad shape and he pulls the rabbit outta the hat time and time again.

He overvalues mid pocket pairs way too much, auto 3 betting with them no matter what position the raise came from or what kind of player he's up against. He also overvalues certain hands post-flop--his post-flop aggro factor in the hands I have with his is near 3.

He claims to be beating 5/1 for 11bbs/100.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what a stupid hand to pick a fight about. "flesh" bets the flop with ~100% of his range and we're doing decent against the flop raisers range. maybe folding is right, but what a stupid spot to nitpick. if he is so sure seth should fold the flop, shouldn't he make a fold somewhere later when seth keeps calling? durrrrrrrrrr uhhhhhthuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh

[/ QUOTE ]

Miles, sorry I just suck at English but do you mean I was stupid or Flesh?

Have you played against Flesh2Flesh? What kind of player is he? I only know he's swedish and says he plays 15/30 and 30/60 but has moved down to 5/10 bc of nasty downswing.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:03 AM

i'm saying flesh is being clearly overdramatic about a spot that is not clear. it's not like seth had 88 here.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm saying flesh is being clearly overdramatic about a spot that is not clear. it's not like seth had 88 here.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Actually he finally agreed that sethy played this hand ok. But he also said that he likes to sit at the same table as sethy [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2007, 09:39 AM

anyone have a large database on ogredek? he's given me some trouble in the past. thanks.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody in the lower limits play with ThxBearl? I have him as a TAGfish. He doesn't adjust his raising range for position and seems to play straight forward post-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bearl holds the record for consecutive suckouts against me. I always have him in bad shape and he pulls the rabbit outta the hat time and time again.

He overvalues mid pocket pairs way too much, auto 3 betting with them no matter what position the raise came from or what kind of player he's up against. He also overvalues certain hands post-flop--his post-flop aggro factor in the hands I have with his is near 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA.

For the amount of time he spends at that level (and I know because I've spent a long time there as well - because of cash outs more than anything) it's not happening. Unless he has hold card cams, this is impossible for any player at those stakes. The rake and random aggression at that level probably restricts even the best players to around 2-3BB/100. Anyway, everybody is a winner at poker. I imagine that this guy takes shots at 1/2 and keeps falling back down. I think he could be a slight winner at 0.5/1 though because he has decent hand selection even if he has know idea what to do with those hands.

Also, you knowing his win-rate suggests you have argued with him.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good read.

Yeah, I got little tilted against him one session. He asked what my win rate was then stated his, which I told him was impossible.

I've made peace with him. He's a nice guy, but overrates himself.

Have you ever played with the megafish Barber234?

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA.

For the amount of time he spends at that level (and I know because I've spent a long time there as well - because of cash outs more than anything) it's not happening. Unless he has hold card cams, this is impossible for any player at those stakes. The rake and random aggression at that level probably restricts even the best players to around 2-3BB/100. Anyway, everybody is a winner at poker. I imagine that this guy takes shots at 1/2 and keeps falling back down. I think he could be a slight winner at 0.5/1 though because he has decent hand selection even if he has know idea what to do with those hands.

Also, you knowing his win-rate suggests you have argued with him.

[/ QUOTE ]