Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 12:41 PM

Default KK on triple ace board

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.10 BB (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($6)
SB ($24.25)
Hero ($57.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $0.3</font>, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.60) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.6</font>, SB calls $0.60.

Turn: ($1.80) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.80) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1.75</font>, Hero calls $1.75.

Final Pot: $5.30

River correct?
Old 10-18-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Re: KK on triple ace board

All you paid for there was information. Pot isn't worth it to see if he had an A.

Maybe I am not realizing the levels here so I guess that would be a decent pot based on blinds.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:09 PM

I'll pay to see if he checked trip A's on the turn. Maybe even a little raise for value here.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All you paid for there was information. Pot isn't worth it to see if he had an A.

Maybe I am not realizing the levels here so I guess that would be a decent pot based on blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough decision since villain could easily play AXXX that way. However, he may also believe that you would have bet an AXXX on the turn and is now bluffing.

Opponents have bet at me on the river with QQXX and JJXX here, so I would be inclined to call all but the most passive opponents.

I think raising (as suggested by another poster) is not a good idea here. If he is bluffing or betting with a weak full house, there is a good chance he will fold and you make nothing more. Some opponents may reraise with QQXX thinking their hand is still good and you cannot call this raise.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:20 AM

at these limits i dont think you make wrong decision, calling 1.75 with such hand.
and, its been said, this is a +EV action if you get some info about his hand there.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
at these limits i dont think you make wrong decision, calling 1.75 with such hand.
and, its been said, this is a +EV action if you get some info about his hand there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooo... I didn't even consider the long-term EV of learning how he plays. $1.75 is a cheap price to pay for this info... and you might even win the hand.