Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Razz - Thin value bets on 6th and 7th

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh - and it's a bit less on pokerstars because the ante is smaller. I don't auto-steal as fragrantly there as on full tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you're the one...

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the idea is you want to steal from 2nd or 3rd low out as much as possible and the odds were good. If you are only called, then you have a second chance of winning on 4th.

If another low raises, then you should give it up (but its hard to do), you also don't want to steal to often as people will note it and play back with lesser hands. Therefore you limit your steals so you have at least 2 low cards (of course one being the door).

If you are after somebody who may be stealing then you raise and his proper move should be fold. If not you are going to 5th and haver the right odds to do so. You are getting rid of his second chance of winning.

I'm really surprised that this isn't more common at higher levels. I assume the last low still steals if nobody else does [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] If this isn't the case then please tell me the game [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really surprised that this isn't more common at higher levels. I assume the last low still steals if nobody else does [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] If this isn't the case then please tell me the game [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ante stealing is plenty common at the high levels as well, maybe more so. Of course, there are still some occasions where the bring-in is a paint card but still gets a "walk" (when the other players all fold to the bring-in). If you play this game enough, you will see just about everything.

p.s. I'm not joking [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He doesn't say "the player definitely needs to be stealing". It actualys says "if your opponent MAY be stealing".

[/ QUOTE ]
Rusty, you really shoulda been a rabbi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, if you're going to invoke Sklansky, and claim that he tells you you shouldn't always raise here, I'm going to refer to the same work, and show that he does.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry if you felt offended, it wasn't my intention. As a spiritual writer I deal a lot with "letter of the law" and "spirit of the law" issues the comment was just an offhand joke.

However, it might not be a bad thing in poker discussions to remember that it says in Scripture that the law leads to sin. "Sin" which can be defined as "missing the mark" or "setting a trap-stick." Strict adherence to the law is a sure way to fail, IOW.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:31 PM

I'm not offended. I was just pointing out that you made an appeal to an authority, which doesn't seem to be warranted.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the one hand it's atrocious because you are so far ahead of his range, but on the other hand it works out because you get him to make a mistake on 4th calling when he hits a K w/out proper odds - sklansky would be proud...

[/ QUOTE ]
Sold! Mixing it up with premium hands is a must in Razz, much more so than stud hi or stud 8.