Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 08:08 PM

Default Re: New Software Announcement – Smart Buddy,the universal poker buddy

Are you searching for the names constantly? Usually something like this is against Stars rules.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:33 PM

We respect player’s privacy and permit players to block info from public view if they choose to do so.

Prodigy : Smart Buddy will support approximately 25 poker networks totaling over 500 poker sites. As with other Poker Pro Labs products, we monitor site rules and work with poker sites to address any issues they may have. Smart buddy just makes it easier to do what you can already do by hand. Keep notes, find tables, watch star players play, etc.

Ace : You can buy a license for $39 per year or $70 for 2 years and that includes upgrades.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:49 PM

Hey,

Could you e-mail Pokerstars and then paste the correspondence with them explicitly allowing your program?
Old 05-09-2007, 01:11 AM

I've been using it for most of the day: overall great job!

Since I never play on FT I dind't know big guns (Hansen, Harman, Matusow) play $1000/2000 limits all the time.

I do have a question:
Would it be possible to add a feature showing vacant seats at each table?
Old 05-09-2007, 11:53 AM

Yes, we will be adding vacant seats, avg pot and players on the flop % for each table your buddy is sitting at.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:05 PM

poker pro: so you are basically saying it doesn't find people hidden from search?

if you can incorproate this feature i will subscribe i think. i dont see why we shouldn't be able to find fish if we want to . they are obviously hiding because they know they are bad.

do you ever see this feature becoming availible? after all, your argument is it just speeds things up which can be done by hand. people who are hidden from search can still be found if somebody looks at the lobby and looks through every table running for the fish they want.

so why wouldn't you want to automise that process? otherwise it doesn't seem as if you offer anything that StarsBuddy already doesn't (www.thecashdb.com - stars buddy).

WHO CARES about fish's privacy. we want their $$$. make it easier for us to find them plz. am i right in assuming you haven't implemented this because the way your program works, is that your server machine simply searches using the "Options --> Find player" in the pokerstars menu? That would explain why you gave the excuse about their privacy.

If it works by loading a list of all players on all tables by scanning through the lobby, it should be relatively easy to implement this feature.

Otherwise people who only play on stars might aswell use StarsBuddy which is FREE.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:47 PM

silent- I'm fairly sure it does find players that are hidden from search. I added a player that I can never find when I search him last night and it did find him at every table he was at
Old 05-09-2007, 01:12 PM

then why would the person responsible for marketing say that it "respects peoples privacy"? It wouldn't make sense that he would say it doesn't find those people if it actually does, since that would cut down the amount of people that would buy the product.

I suggest you find somebody on your tables that his hidden from search. Double check and search for this person using the pokerstars software. Then search for the person using Smart Buddy, and post the results here please.

Dont want to buy it on your assumption that it found him that time just because you "never find" him ..which might have been due to you not being online at the same time as him.

Please post the results of proper testing.

Thanks
Old 05-09-2007, 01:24 PM

I'm sorry I didn't clarify; he has always had hide from search on when I'm playing with him. It found him at 4-5 different tables last night while I was studying. I didn't try actually searching him in stars so I cannot say with 100 percent certainty that for some reason he didn't turn off hide from search last night but it would be a huge coincidence that after weeks of hiding from search he just happened to decide not to anymore the day I test this out
Old 05-09-2007, 01:37 PM

yeah well i like 100% proof, not something that can be explained by coinscidence. do you use aim/icq/msn? do you mind searching for me on stars ...we can coordinate a time when i am online and you are searching to be 100% sure of this.

i just dont understand why somebody marketing the product wouldn't be aware of this feature and explicitly say it isn't included...but you are saying it is. understand why i am sceptical?

msg me your aim/msn/icq or whatever, add me..ill tell you my screename on stars and you can try searching for me. if you can say what tables im on. ill be convinced that the feature exists. and i will post the results in the thread that people can 100% rely on..instead of something that hasn't actually been proven.