Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Curious why you say that

I always grit my teeth now when I play at the B. If you want to play at the 25-50NL level or anything above 100-200 limit, the there is only one game in town.

One of the worst guys there was a daytime high limit brush named "John". He's working the low limits at Venetian the last time I saw him during WSOP. I distinctly remember one trip I had last Nov when I walked into the B and put my name on the 10-20 and 25-50NL list early afternoon one Friday.

It was not busy at all but since I just got in twon, I was saying hi to my friends there and just bumming around. John calls me down for 10-20 and asks me how many chips I want. I reach in my pocket, pull out a flag (5k chip) and ask him for a rack of 20's (2k) 10 blacks (1k) and 2k in thousand chips.

I tell the table I'm playing 3k and he comes back in no time flat as there is no line at the cage. I ask the dealer to chop a $20 chip and I give John $10. He mumbles thanks and shakes his head a little like he should get the whole $20. I'm like WTF? I just get in town and this is the crap I get. I've never given him a penny since then and smirked a little when I saw him hustling chips for the 1-2NL games at the Venetian.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:47 PM

I'm one of the low-stakes people TT refers too.

Rude floor and somewhat crowded conditions and even iffy chairs and zilcho comps I can tolerate.

When I played there for the first time though I was just blown away by how jammed the tables were. And those chairs that kind of jut back at the top don't make it any easier.
In some sections there is just no easy way for a player or waitress to get through.
So in some seats you are going to get bumped and spun slightly over and over and over again.
Freaking awful and pretty tilt inducing.
Even when it's nice people or waitresses who accidentally do it and they genuinely apologize it doesn't stop the fact that I'm literally getting bumped about every couple minutes.

Don't think this is as much of a problem in the higher-stakes areas where there might be slightly less traffic. It was pretty incomprehensible to me in a couple of the places where I was sitting.

Should be noted that I'm 5'6" with especially short legs and am not really THAT badly overweight. So it's not like my large frame or big belly caused me to take up a ton of space and sit way back from the table or anything like that.

When it's a 300 lb. or 6'4" guy in one of those seats obviously they are likely to need a little bit more room which makes it even more difficult for anyone to get through.

It's embarassing how badly designed that room is just to walk through to certain seats/tables.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:51 PM

Didn't they expand the room about a year ago? If so I'm surprised they didn't take that into account. Or perhaps they wanted to jam in as many tables as possible to make a few extra bucks
Old 09-03-2007, 01:55 PM

I played there during WSOP time in 2005 so things were super-crowded which also contributed to the problem.

That was AFTER the expansion I thought but maybe they have done some more since then.

I walked past in Apr, 2006 but didn't play there. I didn't notice any re-design or change or anything but I wasn't really looking that closely either.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:15 PM

I didn't play there but when I was there last week I saw Sklansky walking out. Must be a good place if he plays there!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What games does he play usually?
Old 09-03-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anybody know what the condos start at in the city center

[/ QUOTE ]

$550,000 for 650 sf. It's a studio apartment. If you had a photography studio that small, you'd be taking wallet-sized photos.

You have to go outside to change your mind.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't play there but when I was there last week I saw Sklansky walking out. Must be a good place if he plays there!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What games does he play usually?

[/ QUOTE ]

David is more concerned with the texture of the game than the limit, possibly his best skill is table selection.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:20 PM

Agree with most of the problems listed. Bellagio treats their low limit players like crap. Much friendlier in my experience at Venetian, the Wynn, and Caesar's.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:24 PM

NL or limit usually or both?
Old 09-03-2007, 04:25 PM

Yes I do enjoy the Wynn for 1/3 NL

And I have always been treated well at the Mandalay Bay room. They always have lots of 1/2 games going.