Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 06:02 PM

Default Re: 50nl - Who is looking me up here and with what?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hating on my 1337 reading skills yo [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Collusion FTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back handed compliments are the bestestestestestestest [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2007, 06:02 PM

just seems like I get looked up here alot. I guess I need to take a look at some spots like this. I am sure the size of the villians bet also has alot to do with this situation, how do i know if this is a value bet, or a bloacking bet????? ideas?
Old 10-08-2007, 06:04 PM

i put KK and AA in hero's range, but even if he got to the river with them like this, would this be a good play? betting with these is not a bluff (nothing better folds) and as a value bet it seems super super thin. thoughts?
Old 10-08-2007, 06:12 PM

Villain has some hand with a Jack and you have a mid-pair turned bluff. I would call with Villain's hand here, but I wouldn't block like that in a 3bet pot unless it was a fake block.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:14 PM

I think the hands that make the most sense for villain are AJ and 99/TT.

For you I don't know. Do you call w/ QQ a lot pre-flop? And if you had AK, would you rather call the flop and see a turn or re-raise/try to get it in on the flop? And after calling his line seems weak enough for me (as in: you have FE) to fire the turn if you had AsKs. And with sets, would you call this flop a lot? (because you don't want to get AA/KK away on a scarecard on the turn, besides you can rep a wider range on this flop, so he calls of lighter) and check behind this turn a lot because he seems weak (as in maximizing value).

I don't think you (a solid player I assume) would play QQ/AsKs/set like this, and I can't see you continue anything besides that hands (meaby small pp's, because they have the same value as 99/TT against his range) and 99/TT. So I guess I would solely put you on 99/TT but wouldn't have the guts to stack off w/ second pair.

I love this hand.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not making this kind of play with 88-TT here. Is this a leak? Are you making this because he is a decent player? Another question if we had QQ why are we checking for pot control here? In situations like this I am betting, I dont get raised enough to make it -ev...is this wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Its definately not a leak. But if you aren't capable of something along these lines, then you are better off folding to his 3bet preflop or at least to his cbet.

When I analyze the hand you can almost certainly tell he never has a better hand, and if he does, its going to be a really tough call for him. Very thin, and he doesn't have the read to do it.

What hand doesn't bet the turn and then blocks the river? I would have folded to a decent turn bet and probably a river one too.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:33 PM

Interesting spot, I never do this so admire whyzze's play.

And someone above mentioned this being a bad flop to float...why? Is it because the J just isn't scary enough to fold say 88-TT?

And fwiw, mis-using a blocker bet is much worse than not betting at all. For some reason, it gives people too much of a signal of weakness and good villains will own you.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting spot, I never do this so admire whyzze's play.

And someone above mentioned this being a bad flop to float...why? Is it because the J just isn't scary enough to fold say 88-TT?

And fwiw, mis-using a blocker bet is much worse than not betting at all. For some reason, it gives people too much of a signal of weakness and good villains will own you.

[/ QUOTE ]

i said i didn't like a float with AK/AQ. It wasn't so much the flop texture as a feeling that villain's range is quite strong.