Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: God gets sued (no content)

[ QUOTE ]
vhawk...God has a plan for salvation that he is following...and plans have timelines...God also has the Book of Life...The only thing we don't know is the time Jesus is to return...we are to wait and watch for it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Irrelevant.

EDIT: Worse than irrelevant, actually. It demonstrates that you can't even BEGIN to consider what being omnipotent and benevolent is really all about. He is OMNIPOTENT, sir. That makes like 50% of the words you use in your post wholly inappropriate. It makes no sense to talk about timetables or plans.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:04 PM

God, man's level, sheep, haven't heard of Jesus, taboo religion, living like cavemen, missionaries. Your attitude is.. retarded. Not in the extra chromosomes way, but in the "My god tells me to love everyone but I think people who don't believe what I do are savages" way.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:14 PM

Well my attitude as you call it...isn't an attitude its based on 2 biographical nonfiction books I read of English missionaries to a remote village somewheres in the New Guinea area of the world...Many of the tribes followed very restrictive taboos...One of the taboos of a tribe had one of the tribesman kill his 4 year old son because he stepped on some kind of "holy" ground that was off limits to children...The father had to dispose of the boy (which he did...he dropped him into a river and the boy couldn't swim) or the tribe would take action against the whole family...Apparently there are many tribes in these remote islands ...and some of them are cannibalistic...There are still headhunters in New Guinea...check Wikipedia...As for the missionaries there's more than 1 book about this ...maybe you could check out Amazon.com or Barnes & Noble for the books...
Old 09-19-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well my attitude as you call it...isn't an attitude its based on 2 biographical nonfiction books I read of English missionaries to a remote village somewheres in the New Guinea area of the world...Many of the tribes followed very restrictive taboos...One of the taboos of a tribe had one of the tribesman kill his 4 year old son because he stepped on some kind of "holy" ground that was off limits to children...The father had to dispose of the boy (which he did...he dropped him into a river and the boy couldn't swim) or the tribe would take action against the whole family...Apparently there are many tribes in these remote islands ...and some of them are cannibalistic...There are still headhunters in New Guinea...check Wikipedia...As for the missionaries there's more than 1 book about this ...maybe you could check out Amazon.com or Barnes & Noble for the books...

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored], they made him kill his own son? How barbaric. If only they had stopped him at the last second.

Meanwhile, we should be revering this great man for his faith and willing sacrifice for what he perceived as good. He had faith in his village, and they told him to kill his son. What type of horrible person would ignore this and instead save their own son?
Old 09-19-2007, 02:24 PM

He was a tribesman...the missionaries went to convert him...His life was ruined by this event but he was under the most severe tribal rules...My point was there are still people out being saved...We don't know the time Christ will return...In the meantime there are missionaries out converting stone age peoples and any other person who hasn't even had access to the Word of God... I wish I could remember the names of the books...an old neighbor of mine gave them to me to read...Simply incredible...one of the missionaries got caught between some type of tribal confrontation and was shot with an arrow and died...Flying in and out of those remote regions was very dangerous also...
Old 09-19-2007, 02:26 PM

Abraham and Isaac anybody?

Fairy tale god FTW!

The majority of these tribes people have a much better grasp of spirituality than most christians ever will, they understand how they come from the world and how they will return to it. Instead of telling tales about some dude with a beard in the sky who buries dinosaur fossils to test people's faith, and how you must seperate yourself from what is natural so you can leave the world, but only by doing exactly what this dude with a beard tells you to, because he loves you and wants to send you to an eternal firey inferno if you don't listen to the ruling cla- I mean his "word".

I really feel sorry for people who buy into this [censored] 100% instead of seeing things for themselves, mostly because they will never experience what it is truely like to realise their place in the world through their own thought and understanding, but also partly because they are [censored] idiots and it makes me sad to think that people in general are so gullible to accept what someone else tells them about their entire existence.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He was a tribesman...the missionaries went to convert him...His life was ruined by this event but he was under the most severe tribal rules...My point was there are still people out being saved...We don't know the time Christ will return...In the meantime there are missionaries out converting stone age peoples and any other person who hasn't even had access to the Word of God... I wish I could remember the names of the books...an old neighbor of mine gave them to me to read...Simply incredible...one of the missionaries got caught between some type of tribal confrontation and was shot with an arrow and died...Flying in and out of those remote regions was very dangerous also...

[/ QUOTE ]

His life was ruined by it, thats too bad, but he is still a hero right? He put the needs of the village over the needs of his son. Christians respect that. One of their greatest heros put the needs of what he thought was God (and hey, maybe it was) over the needs of his son, and fully intended to murder him. This guy is even more of a hero, because while Abraham had to fear the retribution of God if he didn't comply, this guy only had to worry about being ostracized or possibly killed. Truly, his was the greater sacrifice.

Plus, like, he actually killed his son.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:41 PM

No he's not a hero...The tribesman was living under a tribal taboo system with superstitions/taboos so pervasive and terrible that the tribe forced the death of an innocent boy.

If you're saying this is the same as Christianity I don't agree...
Old 09-19-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No he's not a hero...The tribesman was living under a tribal taboo system with superstitions/taboos so pervasive and terrible that the tribe forced the death of an innocent boy.

If you're saying this is the same as Christianity I don't agree...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying the guy is a hero for sacrificing his son for the set of beliefs and taboos that he held. Just like Abraham was a hero for sacrificing his son for the God that he believed in. Why is this hard to follow? The one guy isn't a hero because his taboos and beliefs are wrong?
Old 09-19-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The tribesman was living under a tribal taboo <font color="red">(your opinion)</font> system with superstitions/taboos <font color="red">(your opinion)</font> so pervasive and terrible <font color="red">(your opinion)</font> that the tribe forced <font color="red">(your opinion)</font> the death of an innocent <font color="red">(your opinion)</font> boy.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty funny you don't even see the incredible superstition you yourself consider to be your entire existence while you talk this nonsense.