Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 02:30 AM

Default Brag: My daughter

This is my daughter Kianna when she was 8 days old:

I have literally done nothing in my life that I am proud of, but that fact that this little girl is mine brings my life more meaning than I could ever express.

She is 5 now and the smartest, funniest, nicest little girl that anyone could hope for. Her mom and I have done everything possible to screw her up, but she just rolls with the punches and adjusts to everything that we throw at her.

I see other kids and realize how truly spoiled I have been to have such a well-behaved little kid. She has always known when her dad needs hug or I an "I love you Daddy." She has made my life complete, and I have no idea where I would be without her.

She rocks!

I love you Ki and hope that I can be the daddy that you deserve.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:42 AM

Default Re: Brag: My daughter

Awesome! Grats on, er...loving your own daughter. Well, you know what I mean, I hope.

I think that there's a very good chance most people don't reach their potential until they have kids. Which doesn't mean you must have kids to get real and be a human being, but ... having kids is the shortcut to being a mensch that everyone who is not one should probably grab at, if they can make the kid a good life. Otherwise, you have to invent being a human being for yourself instead of letting someone else invent it for you, which is just too far out of the range of, well, I don't know, maybe most of us.

Hi, Ki, I love you too and wish you the best.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:45 AM

you have a very beautiful daughter congrats!
Old 06-30-2007, 02:45 AM

I dont see how some people wouldnt want kids, (married ppl I mean).

Have you ever heard a "god I really wish I never had that damn daughter of mine?"

ya like suicide / murder ppl only say that.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:47 AM

when i saw this title i was assuming i'd have to ask for pics. Thread delivers.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont see how some people wouldnt want kids, (married ppl I mean).

Have you ever heard a "god I really wish I never had that damn daughter of mine?"

ya like suicide / murder ppl only say that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Self-selected. Nobody admits to mistakes, and even fewer go out of their way to publicize it. Human Nature 101. What people say does not equal what people think, which itself does not equal what people feel.

I can see how plenty people wouldn't want kids, and I respect enormously the people who wouldn't want to have them because their relationship is not grounded enough for it, and/or their financial situation is not stable enough for it yet -- if it ever will be.

If you can have kids within the parameters of a committed, extremely stable long-term relationship, and one which allows the kid to be competitive with his peers(i.e., poor people need not apply), then you might as well consider it. Otherwise, a trip to the drugstore is better for you, for the relationship, and for society by far.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:09 AM

lol just wait until she turns 13. Times change man.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:11 AM

party like a rock star
Old 06-30-2007, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Awesome! Grats on, er...loving your own daughter. Well, you know what I mean, I hope.

I think that there's a very good chance most people don't reach their potential until they have kids. Which doesn't mean you must have kids to get real and be a human being, but ... having kids is the shortcut to being a mensch that everyone who is not one should probably grab at, if they can make the kid a good life. Otherwise, you have to invent being a human being for yourself instead of letting someone else invent it for you, which is just too far out of the range of, well, I don't know, maybe most of us.

Hi, Ki, I love you too and wish you the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies for not getting this right, but a couple of years ago there was a poster on 2p2 whose son died very young and very tragically, in posting about this he said the most true thing that has ever been posted here:

[ QUOTE ]
"It is an odd phenomenon that men start life so selfish and end it so humbled by their devotion to others. My children transformed me into a better person than I could have ever reached on my own."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-30-2007, 03:19 AM

be ready for the [censored] storm of variance that is the teenage years. congrats so far though.