Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2007, 12:25 PM

Default A survey on rake (time) in each B&M cardrooms

Dear 2+2ers-

Recently I heard that the Canterbury Park In Minneapolis raised the pot rake from $4 to $5. Although I visited couple of places in Los Angels and Atlantic City, I have no way to see the rake amount of each cardrooms. If someone can say the pot rake is NOT a big problem, then please read the paragraph below.

It is simple to figure out how much a young man shall pay the life-time rake, who began poker at 25 and finish poker 55 and continue playing 1000 hours every year (say, as a regular player) The $5 rake is equivalent to hourly rake of about $25, for estimated 45 hands per hour. He pays $25K per SINGLE year and WILL PAY total $750K in his 30 years of poker life, except his tipping to dealers.

Therefore, after CP raised from $4 to $5, the young man pay
from $600K to $750K as his total life-time rake. So $1 increase shall charge him $150K more in his life.

Here is what I know so far.
Commerce $5/$10 NLHE ($400buy) pot-rake $5 + $1(jackpot), $1 for no flop
-> Average hourly charge is about $25 in the long run for average player, if 45 hands are played per hour.
Commerce $15/$30 LHE $14 per hour
Commerce $15/$30 LHE $14 per hour
HollywoodPark $5/$10 NLHE ($400buy) pot-rake $4 + $1(jackpot), $1 for no flop
-> Average hourly charge is about $20 in the long run for average player, if 45 hands are played per hour.
Bicycle and HG charge almost same amount as HP.
Borgata in Atlantic City $5/$10 NLHE ($1500buy) FIXED $10 per hour
TajMahal in Atlantic City $15/$30 LHE FIXED $12 per hour

PokerStars $2/$4 LHE 4 to 5 dollars per hour, based on my past 50 hour data with PokerTracker with 70 hands per hour.

Please add more information, if you have experience of other places. Correct any misinformation, if any.

-Jay