Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Sit N Go ROI too low for $5 level

These days, 20% is attainable only by experts at the lower levels, and it is virtually unattainable if you go much higher than the 16s.

See the section on ROI in the SNG forum FAQ:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...amp;page=0#roi

Please note, you would need a large sample size of games to accurately predict your true ROI. As in, 500 to have any idea and 1000 to make an educated guess. So no need to obsess over your ROI until the numbers begin to normalize and you can read something into them.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:56 AM

Default Re: Sit N Go ROI too low for $5 level

First, you don't have a significant sample to get a handle on what your true roi is. Second you might have some leaks, I would suggest going to the STT Forum and look at the FAQ, check out the ICM software. At the 5.50s 35% is attainable by the very best, in general if you are +10% you're doing very well.

Instead of worrying about your roi, I would look into getting some software such as sngwiz, sngpt, pokertracker, pahud, then go through hands and evaluate if you made +EV pushes and calls. I would also post some hands in the STT forum. If you do these things, I guarantee you will improve your bankroll.

EDIT: I would also suggest reading through the STT FAQ, it might take you a week but there's alot of good stuff in there.