Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is there anyone dumber than Bigbiceps?
Yes, Bigbiceps 7 50.00%
No 7 50.00%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2007, 12:57 AM

Default moving up in HU buy-ins

Hi,

This is not meant to be a brag by any means, I would like to here some advice/comments by experienced HU players. I am a low stakes HU player. As of lately, I have been pwning the $6 turbo HU on pokerstars. I have been winning about 90% of my matches on a fair sample sizes. I would like to know from players experience if this profitability means either 1. move up to the next level to increase winnings, or 2. stay at this level, since im doing so well. any thoughts appreciated.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:03 AM

Default Re: moving up in HU buy-ins

i'm going to vote for option three:

"quit poker because you suck"
Old 03-09-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

This is not meant to be a brag by any means, . As of lately, I have been pwning the $6 turbo HU on pokerstars. I have been winning about 90% of my matches on a fair sample sizes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-09-2007, 01:50 AM

1. What is your fair sample size?
2. 90% is BS. I have played over 500 HU SNG's, and might have had one or two times where I won 90% of my matches (was never more than 10 or 15 matches).
3. I doubt anyone else will believe you when you say you are winning 90% of your matches, unless your sample size is less than 20. Even then, you must be running very good, and winning every coin flip.
4. Don't move up yet. This 90% win rate is not substainable. A 70% win rate would be crazy good, 90% is rigged in your favor crazy.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:34 AM

i just crunched the numbers of my results (review them on sharkscope if u like), maybe some will consider this a small sample size, but until now i havent played HU in awhile:

sample size: 40 games
wins: 34
losses: 6
winning %: 85%

and as a matter of fact i have avoided going in high-pot coinflips as much as possible and feel i am playing pretty good. i definitely wouldnt say im "winning every coinflip" i think im just playing well

EDIT: trust me, the $6 players on HU on PokerStars arent good, most are easy money, im just asking around to see if the $11 players are similar, and a buy-in transition for me is a good/bad idea
Old 03-09-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. What is your fair sample size?
2. 90% is BS. I have played over 500 HU SNG's, and might have had one or two times where I won 90% of my matches (was never more than 10 or 15 matches).
3. I doubt anyone else will believe you when you say you are winning 90% of your matches, unless your sample size is less than 20. Even then, you must be running very good, and winning every coin flip.
4. Don't move up yet. This 90% win rate is not substainable. A 70% win rate would be crazy good, 90% is rigged in your favor crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post is saying nothing, your point 2, 3, and 4 are all the same. Plus, i'm his roommate, he's winning A LOT.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i just crunched the numbers of my results (review them on sharkscope if u like), maybe some will consider this a small sample size, but until now i havent played HU in awhile:

sample size: 40 games
wins: 34
losses: 6
winning %: 85%

and as a matter of fact i have avoided going in high-pot coinflips as much as possible and feel i am playing pretty good. i definitely wouldnt say im "winning every coinflip" i think im just playing well

EDIT: trust me, the $6 players on HU on PokerStars arent good, most are easy money, im just asking around to see if the $11 players are similar, and a buy-in transition for me is a good/bad idea

[/ QUOTE ]

I was gonna say move up when you said you were winning 90%, but if it's actually only 85% as this post says, you should probably just grind it out until you reach 90% and then move up.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:38 AM

In all honesty, if you started with at least 50 bucks at the beginning of this heater, I'd move up. You can always move back down...

Yea they are almost as bad at the 10-11s as the 5-6s, just realize that you can't ever even come close to keeping that win%.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:10 AM

i know i cant keep a 90% winning percentage, thatd be insane. but i figure if lately im getting results like this when im running hot, even when i cool down ill atleast still be well over 50% in the LR. I tried some $11 buy in games and personally the players seemed a bit better, and i didnt do so well at that level. then after that i was tilting so i played at the $22 level 3 times and won them all. i dont know what thats tellin me, 3 games isnt enough to convince me to play at that level, plus i dont have the bankroll for it.. :S oh well

thanks for the thoughts
Old 03-09-2007, 07:13 AM

if you admit that you can't sustain that winrate why did you claim to have a fair sample size?