Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 03:28 AM

Default Re: 5/10 turn semibluff vs good regular

Think itīs a really odd spot to cr allin with these stacks as you probably want to raise less with your strong hands. I think a cr to 600ish might be better if you want to bluff, atleast that way he can call with some combo draw and fold river.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:32 AM

i hate this

sorry

i really dont think he folds anything significant here
Old 08-25-2007, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously villain will have air here a fair amount, but the crux of this hand is how villain will respond with something like AK, as our shove is for another > $1100, how often he calls with his non air hands is huge.

[/ QUOTE ]

why is the crux of the hand how he'll respond with AK instead of how often he has air? because our "shove is for another > $1100"? And?

That's a pretty lazy post

[/ QUOTE ]

<snip>

But another brilliant contribution from you, picking apart somebody else's post with no insight of your own. Keep up the good work. I can only hope your coaching is as effective.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are completely out of line.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:12 AM

somewhat interested in results here.

also, another viable line is rather then c/rai on turn if you think he's 2 barreling alot just call and bluff most rivers. that gives you a chance to win c/c if yuo pair and also means you risk technically less to win the same.

it's not something id do, but it's a somewhat "better" line given what you think.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously villain will have air here a fair amount, but the crux of this hand is how villain will respond with something like AK, as our shove is for another > $1100, how often he calls with his non air hands is huge.

[/ QUOTE ]

why is the crux of the hand how he'll respond with AK instead of how often he has air? because our "shove is for another > $1100"? And?

That's a pretty lazy post

[/ QUOTE ]

<snip>

But another brilliant contribution from you, picking apart somebody else's post with no insight of your own. Keep up the good work. I can only hope your coaching is as effective.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are completely out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right. My apologies.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
somewhat interested in results here.

also, another viable line is rather then c/rai on turn if you think he's 2 barreling alot just call and bluff most rivers. that gives you a chance to win c/c if yuo pair and also means you risk technically less to win the same.

it's not something id do, but it's a somewhat "better" line given what you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

so thats line smells less of BS than mine? def disagree

results were: he tanked forever, folded and typed "nice bet/bluff".

i guess u could interpret that to mean that he was contemplating calling with whatever garbage bluffcatcher he had but i think its more likely he made a laydown with a decently big hand and wanted to know if he was right. think its pretty likely he is 2+2 but i guess he doesnt want to out himself and what he folded.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so thats line smells less of BS than mine? def disagree

[/ QUOTE ]
no, it smells pretty bad, but in both cases you're aiming at villain folding air, not real hands, so the amount your line stinks is irrelevant, but the 2nd way it costs less.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:35 PM

alright, gonna stop bumping this thread cause it just tilts me to pieces. if u call this turnshove in villains shoes with any ace without having a specific read, that means one of two things: ur playing in much tougher and more aggressive games than i am, or you're a huge station. also as i already pointed out a million times, he is FOS here like all the [censored] time so its almost a freeroll even with 0% FE vs an ace.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
alright, gonna stop bumping this thread cause it just tilts me to pieces. if u call this turnshove in villains shoes with any ace without having a specific read, that means one of two things: ur playing in much tougher and more aggressive games than i am, or you're a huge station. also as i already pointed out a million times, he is FOS here like all the [censored] time so its almost a freeroll even with 0% FE vs an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I didn't like your shove, but according to the numbers he doesn't have to fold that often to make this profitable, so I think your shove is very good now, fwiw.