Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Rank the business degrees

Let's talk about current job market, chance for advancement, etc.

I'm Currently a Junior in school, just transfered from The Ohio State University (Accounting major) to University of Cincinnati. I'm having second doubts about Accounting. Pretty much all the majors at Cincinnati are a fkin joke, and prolly carry no credibility, so it's looking like law school now no matter what. I have 4 majors in mind

Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Economics

Acct, Fin, and Market. are all through the business school, econ is not. As of right now, marketing seems the most interesting to me, and that it would present the most "fun" jobs. It seems accounting and finance would carry a little more credibility but so many people do it. So I was thinking about just doing Econ and saying fk the business school. However, I just completed a bunch of credits for the business school so it might be a dumb idea, especially when I can just minor in econ and pretty much take the same classes.

Accounting is what both my parents do. They hate it, they seem miserable, but they make a shitton of money. I do well in accounting but it seems very uninteresting to me. The whole idea of investments seems very interesting to me, so I'm starting to think a Finance w/ Econ minor will work out best.

Anybody feel like shedding some light here?