Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2006, 06:09 PM

Default Multi-tabling 3.40 sng\'s for profit?

4-tables at a time, playing at least 25 a day. What would a good ROI be, and how much should I have before I start doing this? I was thinking around $200. Does anyone else play the turbo's in high volume? What can I expect here? I've played lets say....around 100 on various sn's. I basically play ultra TAG and am almost all-in nearly every hand where I have tptk. I'm mostly into cash, and hear about how profitable sng's are. So, I've been reading HOH and am hoping to put up some good results.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Multi-tabling 3.40 sng\'s for profit?

if you ahve $200 why not play the $6s?
Old 11-04-2006, 06:56 PM

I only played a few 3.4's, but i thought they were a bit easier then the 6.5s. The 6.5's are not much of a change, but once you build up your br a little bit i would start playing there.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm mostly into cash, and hear about how profitable sng's are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm potential earnings per hr in cash games is much higher, and so is the ceiling. People play SNGs because they are easy to megatable and fairly mindless compared to a cash game.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:59 PM

20% ROI is very good and 50 Buyin roll at least and you are up and running, good luck
Old 11-05-2006, 07:49 AM

well, yeah, cash games are pretty much more money, BUT, i also want to learn mtt's, and i want to start by playing the sngs. true, i can probably make more money playing cash (1/2, 2/4 limit, variety of games) but i want to eventually be able to play the 20-30 dollar sngs and 5/10 limit by end of next year. in my (very short) expierience of playing sngs, they are much much easier to multitable than cash, where i think its played more seriously. well, hopefully i can make some money playing the 3.40's. are the 2 and 3 table turbo sngs as profitable as just the regular one table sngs? thanks for the help.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:03 AM

Am I alone in finding that trying to multi table around 4 SNGs when you are short handed is more difficult than playing cash games? Even when you stagger your starts, if the heads up lasts a while, you can soon be down to 4 and under in each game and its hard work.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:10 AM

Everything becomes easier with experience Bradley, after a while shorthanded sng play also becomes robotic to an extent. Blind are usually high and it is a push/fold game
Old 11-05-2006, 09:27 AM

I used to have difficulties playing more than 4 tables at a time. But now I 12-table easily - autohotkey, a bigger monitor, bubble trainer, and LOADS of hours spent with SNG-PT helped with that. And that's not staggering.

If you're rolled for the $6.5s play there. Very soft competition. Oh yeah, and buy SNG-PT if you haven't yet.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:49 AM

I guess your talking about the $3.40 Turbos at PokerStars? I started there about two weeks ago with $50 and was 4-6 tabling these. I played about 170 with only an ROI of 8% pretty rubbish but its a small sample size. I was also getting a lot of 3rd places ---> 19/20/26 something I need to look into and maybe you might to is turning 3rds into 1st as this greatly increases your ROI. Once I worked their $50 bonus off I moved up to the $5.50 NL Sngs the standard ones not turbos. I figured this would give me a better chance to out play my opponents rather than having to push marginal hands due to the blind increase. I've played about 110 with ROI 12% (again small sample will post after 500 or so) my avg finish is 4.0 so I might need to work on bubble play, also not suprising is my number of 3rds! 12/16/21 thats a ITM 45%. Any how I'm at about $210 now so its climbing slowly. At about $250 I will probably hit the $10 SNGs.

One more thing I hit my worst run of 11 Sngs out of the money!! so expect variance to come bite you just keep doing what your doing.

PS: All these stats are from my PokerTracker database I suggest you get it. I'm currently searching for holes in my game and its great.

I don't have SnGPT but have looked at it, I think this will be my next purchase and maybe yours to?

Good Luck and see you at the tables.