Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is more fitting of the title 'King of BBV'?
Newhizzle 88 84.62%
El Diablo 16 15.38%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Heroes Deathmatch - Round 1

I'm also shocked that anyone is picking Sylar over Nathan. Sylar can't do ANYTHING yet. Not until he cuts out his first brain, anyway. Nathan can just rocket into Sylar a few times or drop down on him from above. gg Sylar.

Edit: Also, DL and Dale should be an easy pick over Claude and Claire. DL is one of the few heroes who can easily kill Claire, and Dale will keep Claude from sneaking up on DL. She points to where he is, and DL eventually grabs a hold and kicks ass.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:51 PM

Guys, please think about this. Someone who has the ability to control time is absolutely unstoppable. He could freeze time, and instantly kill everyone on the planet.

This is a no contest.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:22 PM

I think if they actually have it in them to kill is another aspect.

Brian Davis is as good as dead in this contest vs virtually anybody aggressive.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, please think about this. Someone who has the ability to control time is absolutely unstoppable. He could freeze time, and instantly kill everyone on the planet.

[/ QUOTE ]
First off, it's not totally clear how Claire's power works in stopped time. If she can regenerate from anything Hiro does, then it's a stalemate. Even if he can stick a stick through her neck or glass into her brain, she'll still come out of it later when it's pulled out.

Second, what happens when Hiro tries to freeze time against the Haitian or Peter? He has no freezing power against either. (Haitian blocks it. Peter even accidently synched to Hiro first time they met.)
-Sam
Old 05-19-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
First off, it's not totally clear how Claire's power works in stopped time. If she can regenerate from anything Hiro does, then it's a stalemate. Even if he can stick a stick through her neck or glass into her brain, she'll still come out of it later when it's pulled out.

Second, what happens when Hiro tries to freeze time against the Haitian or Peter? He has no freezing power against either. (Haitian blocks it. Peter even accidently synched to Hiro first time they met.)
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

It's still a man with a katana vs a pacifist black dude, or some white pansy. Claire is not invincible. Injuries to the head, aka Sylar's brain cutting would permanently kill her. I don't see how she'd survive if her head were to be chopped off.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:27 AM

i don't think that Hiro automatically gets his katana. does parkman get his gun?

btw, everyone who picked the haitian over hana is assuming he can be a badass with his memory power, which i'm not even sure he can do from afar, much less when the elite soldier is whipping his ass. Hana is a trained fighter...
Old 05-19-2007, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm also shocked that anyone is picking Sylar over Nathan. Sylar can't do ANYTHING yet. Not until he cuts out his first brain, anyway. Nathan can just rocket into Sylar a few times or drop down on him from above. gg Sylar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or even just pick him up and drop him. I think the same thing is going on in the team-up as well with Nathan underestimated and Sylar overestimated. Sadly, it looks like some people are choosing popularity over powers.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:57 AM

How is Nikki's strength of any use in an empty arena against a guy with a distance-based power?
Old 05-19-2007, 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How is Nikki's strength of any use in an empty arena against a guy with a distance-based power?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sylar's only used the power two times that have been seen. Once on the show, he actually needed water to turn into snow and held his hand right next to the water source. The other time in the web comic, he leaned way out of a semi he was driving to freeze the ground. It seems like the ability only works a foot or two away at best. A foot or two away = punch in the head. Also, wanting to kill your opponant doesn't make it easy, most people would hesitate. Nikki/Jessica wouldn't.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:42 PM

Brian over DL and it isn't even close. Assuming he has mastered his ability and DL can't 'phase' out of being thrown into a wall, this should be a no contest win.