Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2006, 07:58 PM

Default running bad or selective memory? 2-7 TD

today in a 200-300 hand session of 2-7 TD i ran into a 7 probably 6 or 7 out of the 7 or 8 times i went to showdown. once was a wheel that beat my #2 when he drew 3 on the first draw and i drew 1 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

i feel like people get 7s against me much more often than i make 7s. i dont have a ton of TD experience but is it normal to run into a lot of 7s 6 handed or did i just run very bad? i would think that the average low hand is a 8 or 9, but i feel like i alawys see 7s against me.

thanks.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:33 PM

Default Re: running bad or selective memory? 2-7 TD

this loss was at 300/600. it doesnt go as often so ive mostly played lower. did i see more 7s because poeple play tighter so are drawing smoother? or was it just variance?
Old 09-17-2006, 08:57 PM

I really don't have a clue, its possible that it could be just varience, or it could be that your playing a bit too loose lately (but I'm not sure if that would be a symptom). Have you looked over your hand histories to see if you like your play post session?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2006, 09:18 PM

One thing that's so frustrating and high variance about TDL is a ton of your profit/loss comes from running #2 into #1, or #3 into #2 or vice versa. Sounds like you ran bad for sure but especially in games that big, the best players are able to give the impression of being "action players" but when several bets go in on the big streets they show up with 7's more often than it seems like they should. Of course, sometimes action players just get lucky for hours and it looks that way too. Such a sick game.

-DeathDonkey
Old 09-17-2006, 09:40 PM

happens some times, just like any other game of poker
Old 09-18-2006, 04:22 PM

are you always trying to make the nuts? thats a tendency that will make stretches like this seem like an eternity.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:28 PM

One answer is: that's why we play this game, because of the opportunities for punishment it affords us [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Another answer is: If other players are making sevens more often than you are, is this an indication that you're drawing too rough? It's one thing when you spike a ten on the river when you were drawing to 2345 all along, check-call, and lose to your opponents 76542. It's quite another when you catch an eight on an early draw to go with the 7653 you started with and the villain gets two chances to outdraw your roughest of eights.