Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Chance of Tiger Woods on Steroids or HGH?

Why would TW repeatedly call for/agree with steroid testing if he were on steroids? Doesn't make sense...
Old 06-22-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bonds' head looks like a guy I knew in high school who weighed over 400 pounds and was nicknamed "The Muffin Man."[/i]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but that dude was probably inbred. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: Steroids change body shape and composition...

[/ QUOTE ]

Steroids also make you fail Steroid tests.

[ QUOTE ]

Bonds' head looks like a guy I knew in high school who weighed over 400 pounds and was nicknamed "The Muffin Man."

[/ QUOTE ]

Here we go with the "but his head looks" thing again.

In your opinion, his head "looks" huge, thus it must be absolute proof of steroids in your mind.

In reality, he wears a size 7 1/4 size hat. About half the MLB licensed hats sold in the US are larger.

Think about this....of the many "fans" who are making wild speculation about his "large head size", half of them are going out and buying bigger hats for themselves.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Tiger never went through a "funk" where he lost his great swing. Tiger fired Butch Harmon and went on a mission to improve his swing by ROIDING UP LIKE A MADMAN and then rebuilding it as a somewhat different swing altogether. It wasn't a funk. This was all by design. He's explained that he knew what he was doing would hurt him short-term (rage-wise, anyway) but in the end he felt he would come away a better golfer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-22-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Bonds' head looks like a guy I knew in high school who weighed over 400 pounds and was nicknamed "The Muffin Man."

[/ QUOTE ]

In your opinion, his head "looks" huge, thus it must be absolute proof of steroids in your mind.

In reality , he wears a size 7 1/4 size hat. About half the MLB licensed hats sold in the US are larger.

Think about this....of the many "fans" who are making wild speculation about his "large head size", half of them are going out and buying bigger hats for themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

In reality, you aren't convincing anybody in this thread.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In reality, he wears a size 7 1/4 size hat. About half the MLB licensed hats sold in the US are larger.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know that Bonds has admitted taking steroids, right? He claims he didn't know they were steroids, but he admitted using them.

And just to zero in on the point: are you seriously arguing that you DON'T think Bonds has been roiding up for years?
Old 06-22-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In reality, you aren't convincing anybody in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't expect to convince an angry mob with tedious little details such as facts. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I realized some time ago that folks who rely on anecdotal eyeball measurements of someone's head aren't the kind of folks who like to be bothered or convinced with facts.

But... if I can trouble you with reality again...did you know manager Bruce Bochy wears a size 8 hat? That's 6 sizes up from what Bonds wears. Now THAT'S a big melon.

Of course, he doesn't have 748 home runs on the back of his baseball card, so his melon doesn't get nearly the press or mythical stature.

But enough facts, let's get this thread back on track with hyperbolic exaggaration about how Bond's head looks to the untrained, casual fan to be similar in size to a volkswagen Beetle.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:18 PM

You know some people are a lot better at spatial perception than others, right?

Just because you have no visual memory, doesn't mean others don't. And it's not the size of his head, it's the characteristics of it. It's like puffy on the sides near his temples. I mean, his temples are convex instead of concave ffs. This isn't natural. Nor was Ken Caminiti's cro-magnon brow-bone and mis-shapen nose.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You know that Bonds has admitted taking steroids, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No he didn't. And it amazes me that people still believe everything they are spoon-fed by certain factions of the sports media.

[ QUOTE ]

And just to zero in on the point: are you seriously arguing that you DON'T think Bonds has been roiding up for years?

[/ QUOTE ]

The simple fact is he hasn't violated the MLB Steroid Policy as outlined in the CBA. That's the "rule" that governs this stuff, and he hasn't broken it.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:06 PM

the biggest most influential person in tigers life was his father earl woods. Earl a military man who installed the importance of values and hard work. The arguement of what he has to lose is irrevant in my opinion. when u think of everything he stands for, which is the reasons he has so many indorsements, fans, and tropheys