Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Wynn management: pathetically incompetent? or just plain jerks?

[ QUOTE ]
I used to be a big fan of the Mirage but I've gotten a little tired of having to chase the brush around the high-limit area when I want a seat in a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh... chasing the clipboard. I'm sure we've all done the dance--head up toward the raised floor where we see him/her, but it's a moving target as he heads toward the cage, and then veers back toward the podium, and suddenly the open paths that the brush used to move through the crowd close in and you're left stranded, feeling forlorn and a bit foolish. Awful. Yes, this is SO much worse than being snubbed by the brush, passed over, and then waiting on the list for 20 minutes for a table. NOT! The worst part of your Mirage experience is having to chase the brush? Yeesh.

The wretchedly overcrowded room is 'bout my least favorite part of the Mirage experience. Running down the brush may require an extra lap around the room once in a while, but once you can catch up it's not unpleasant. And I rather like that the brush moves through the tables keeping an eye on things and pointing out specific seats to the incoming players instead of just waving "over there". My other complaint is the Mirage 2/5 game got harder when they started doing a 1/2 game. I'd be happier if they'd nuke the 1/2 games and start NL with 2/5 (like Bellagio and Rio and Palms).
Old 03-27-2006, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After reading this I'm beginning to wonder why anyone would play anywhere else but the Bellagio. I used to be a big fan of the Mirage but I've gotten a little tired of having to chase the brush around the high-limit area when I want a seat in a game. I've never had a moment's aggravation of any kind at the Bellagio.

[/ QUOTE ]

A- your experience is atypical for the Bellagio. The prevailing attitude is that the Wynn gives MUCH better service than Bellagio.

B- Save one daytime floor guy, the service at the Wynn is top notch. The way this thread is titled does a very good cardroom a diservice by not stating that it's really one person who is the problem.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love the room and the competition. The management is nice, they are liberal with comps, but they often drop the ball on the simple things like managing the list and quickly filling empty seats.

[/ QUOTE ]

The midshit 10a-6p people I have never seen a problem at all with manageing the lists and filling seats, the main problems on that has developed on the night staff after Kevin left to deal at Caesars....they brought in the ever-arrogant and smug Clayton, who is thank god no longer with them...he acted as though he was being disturbed when you were trying to get on a list and let the position go to his head

They have recently replaced him with and older black lady who seems to have a problem hearing the open seat calls, and doesnt seem to have any poker room experience and is seriously overwhelmed at times...lets hope she catches on quick or we are all in trouble. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]