Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 11:05 PM

Default $20 NLTRN straight on flush board, some hand reading required

Villain will minbet flop every time if checked to in unraised pot, and often on other streets will bet small in position. I've usually folded or raised to these, and we've had very few showdowns. I know he's not awful, though, and neither am I from his perspective.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero (t2115)
Button (t885)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Button calls t15, Hero checks.

Flop: (t60) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t30</font>, Hero calls t30.

Turn: (t120) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t30</font>, Hero calls t30.

River: (t180) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t90</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t795</font>, Hero calls t705.

Final Pot: t1770

OK, this looks weird after the fact.

Comments on all streets appreciated, either in the way of general strategy or specific to this hand. Sometimes I raise PF here, sometimes I don't. I checked flop to call his minbet (is betting or CRing better?).

Here's where it gets interesting (to me, anyway): I c/c turn trying to look like a pair or two that is scared of the straight/flush. The pot is small so I can easily get away on if a club comes (depending on bet size and stuff), and to him it looks like a bluff could work on a lot of rivers.

On the river, I believed there was almost no chance he would check behind, so I decided to see what amount he would bet. With 30 on turn and river, there's very little chance he has a flush, so I make that tiny raise that he could a) call with whatever, or b) look into my soul and think he can take the pot away with a three-bet.

Anyway, am I right that he never has a flush? and either way, is there a better way to play this?