Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 09:04 AM

Default 88 FPS

Limit: $1/$2
10 players

Only read on villain was that he was a little loose agro preflop (but over a small number of hands)

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, 6 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7.5SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.
<font color="blue">I raised the flop based on possiblity that villain might be donk betting whiffed overs</font>

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5.75BB, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, Hero ???

Thoughts on the flop play also welcome
Now as i look at the hand before i post it i realise a turn c-bet might have been better [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2007, 09:37 AM

Default Re: 88 FPS

you don't have a good enough read to 3-bet this pre-flop. There aren't enough people in to play this for set value and you have no idea if villain can fold post flop. Fold pre-flop.

As played you have to continue this semi bluff on the turn and check behind on the river. Since you didn't you now are in the position to call a river bet against an unknown with 4th pair. Yummy!
Old 04-25-2007, 09:39 AM

I don't think I'd 3-bet this preflop, I'd probably fold to be honest.

I think the rest is fine because if the villain is LAG, then he won't fold his over cards, or his draw if that's what he has. Any aggression and I'd be out of there.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you don't have a good enough read to 3-bet this pre-flop. There aren't enough people in to play this for set value and you have no idea if villain can fold post flop. Fold pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, when u 3 bet I think it is easier for your opponent to play correctly postflop that it is for you. Theres not too many flops that Im gunna like alot.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As played you have to continue this semi bluff on the turn and check behind on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
qft
Old 04-25-2007, 09:53 AM

Preflop, with the small sample size on villain and the fact that the raise is UTG at a full table, tend to fold. But a 3-bet is not horrible.

On this board, don't fold a pair against a villain you perceive to be LAG. One possible line is to call down from the flop and bet if checked to.

As played, after raising the flop, bet the turn consistent with the read that villain "may have AK/AQ". Failing that, just call river.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:07 AM

I don't like 3-betting pre-flop here, but that's been said enough. After that, I think the way the hand was played is fine if he called the river. The same amount of money is getting in the pot this way as there would be if you bet turn and check river. However, what is the bet on the turn? Is it a value bet? A bluff? A semi-bluff? It's pretty hard to know. By checking the turn, you get the free card, if needed, and you give the opponent an opportunity to bluff. It seems to me that this is the +EV play, unless you know that your opponent will fold most missed hands to your turn bet, and he would have 3-bet the flop if he had 88 beat. These two assumptions cannot be logically made for a LAG, so I think the play made was the correct play here.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:26 AM

Unfortunately, you don't know what this guys utg raising standards are because we don't have a good read. We don't know how he plays ui overs because we don't have a good read. If you are in the habbit of calling river bets with 4th pair against unknowns you are going to lose money.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Biggest mistake made really
Old 04-25-2007, 10:49 AM

I'd probably just dump my hand on the flop cuz I think he almost always has AT or JJ. The way you played it, taking a free card HU with only 2 outs when behind makes no sense, and if you were ahead you just gave him a free card to his 10-outer.