Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 08:21 AM

Default Who are your favorite fighters? and anything else about MMA

MMA is the fastest growing sport in the country right now, and with UFC taking over Pride the fights are only going to get better. I wanted to let BBV know that there is going to be a UFC event airing on Spike tonight and that it will be free. Cro Cop will be fighting and this is a good opportunity to get into the sport if you're not familiar with it already. Feel free to ask me any questions about MMA and I will try to respond.

a list of current favorites-
BJ Penn- Legendary fighter from Hilo, Hawaii. His jujitsu is sublime, you see him do things on the ground nobody else is capable of. Incredibly flexible, and although his build is unimposing he is pretty strong. He's got heavy hands and has dropped quite a few fighters. He's fought in Pride, UFC and K-1, and earned the respect of people worldwide.

BJ vs Matt Hughes (first fight)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPP3_QLgDHM

Takanori Gomi- Although he put in a very disappointing performance against Diaz, he is still considered by most to be the best lightweight in the world. He has very fast hands and loves to throw down. Very exciting fighter to watch. He has a tendency to be overconfident coming into fights and needs to work on being mentally prepared for the fight.

Gomi vs Tatsuya Kawajiri
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vZ8f0GvRME

Fedor Emelianenko- What can I say about this guy that hasn't already been said. Truly phenomenal fighter who moves like a welterweight and hits like a train. He has incredible core strength and is a machine on the ground. Also very strong mentally. He's won major tournaments in sambo and judo before his MMA career so he has very strong fundamentals. His last fight against Matt Lindland ended in the first round via arm-bar with Fedor dominating the whole way. To put this into perspective, let me tell you that Lindland is a former UFC heavyweight champion and a 2000 Olympic silver medalist in Greco-Roman. A perfect fighter if I've ever seen one, Fedor is currently the best heavyweight in the world and it's not even close. I can't see him losing a fight anytime soon.

Fedor vs Kevin "I shtt my pants during a fight" Randleman, HOLY SUPLEX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPVk_vlCcCg

Quinton Jackson- Highly quotable fighter who loves to bang. He wrestled in college and is well-known for his huge power slams. Made Liddell whimper like a little bich when they fought. The Japanese love him, he's got a great personality and my kind of humor.

"I'd rather fight Arona cause I don't know him and he's in the fking video game and I'm not."

"FK YOU FANS KNOW EVERYTHING! SHTT IM GONNA START LOOKING OVER MY SHOULDER WHEN I'M JACKING OFF!"

Stephen Quadros: Would you be concerned about Sateke's
invisible kick?
Quinton Jackson: I guess so, goddamit, 'cuz if it's invisible, I cannot see the shtt.

Jackson vs Ricardo Arona, one of the best knockouts ever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah12ZhpaLvU

Kendall Grove- I took a liking to the guy right from the start when I saw him on TUF. Tito saw a lot of potential in him and was instrumental in his wins. He works very hard and shows remarkable improvement every time he steps into the rings. Grove is 6'6 so he has reach on pretty much anybody he fights, he is good at using his lanky physique to his advantage. Good striker and even better grappler. Kid has a lot of heart and puts on a show ever time, definitely one to keep an eye on. Gotta give it to the Hawaiians man, they sure love to fight.

Kenny Florian- Very intelligent fighter who comes from a white upper-class New England background, which is unusual. He has great muay thai technique, dangerous with his elbows and knees. He's also comfortable on the ground and is competent at jujitsu and great at submissions. He's been getting better every fight and the strength conditioning looks like it's paying off. Well-spoken and a great representative for the sport.

Yves Edwards- One of the best lightweights in the country who's underappreciated IMO. Very talented striker. His thugjitsu, which he describes as "the modern art of the beat-downs" is something to behold. He didn't look too sharp in his last fight against Stevenson, but then again he got cut early and Stevenson is an animal. I look forward to seeing more from him.

Joe Stevenson- Fights at lightweight now and is probably the strongest guy in the division. He must be really good at cutting weight or something because he overpowers everyone he fights. Very proficient at submissions and ground-and-pound but also capable of knocking people out. Finished his last two fights by guillotine choke. He's young but very experienced and he knows how to push himself. He has a family and you can tell that's where he gets a lot of his drive. He deserves a shot at the title and I believe he can dismantle Sherk.

other fighters to watch-
Brandon Vera
Luke Cummo
Karo Parisyan
Mirko Filipovic
Gilbert Melendez
Nick Diaz (had to relinquish his lightweight title when he tested positive for weed after the fight)
Mauricio Rua
Old 04-21-2007, 08:23 AM

Default Re: Who are your favorite fighters? and anything else about MMA

Had to post this for comedy value, most hilarious fight ever.

Don Frye vs Takayama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZZYcbfKdy8
Old 04-21-2007, 08:53 AM

That Jackson slam almost knocked me out watching it holy [censored]!
Old 04-21-2007, 08:53 AM

Pretty good post. But Florian's a tool.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:57 AM

Matt hughes is a weak ass bitch
Old 04-21-2007, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I hate that ccunt
did you see him after the Serra GSP fight, he was ecstatic
Old 04-21-2007, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT
Old 04-21-2007, 04:37 PM

bump yo
Old 04-21-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Had to post this for comedy value, most hilarious fight ever.

Don Frye vs Takayama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZZYcbfKdy8

[/ QUOTE ]

Magnum PI is such a [censored] stone cold pimp.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:13 PM

Forrest Griffin. What a badass. He's not the most naturally gifted fighter in the world, but he is a warrior. And I train at the same gym as him. w00t.