Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 07:40 AM

Default Re: let me explain

[ QUOTE ]
the players "try to help"

[/ QUOTE ] do players ever really help? called table captains for a reason, = p.i.t.a.

[ QUOTE ]
As the number of players goes up, the chances the biggest stack will win it all goes down anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]Am I missing something, would you explain this? in general (your experience) or pure statistics?

[ QUOTE ]
I got two tips from players not involved in the hand for being so efficient and so clear on who's in for what, where it goes etc.

[/ QUOTE ] I'd hope more players would tip dealers as gesture of recognition for a job well done; you can't control the cards but you are able to influence, even control, the flow of the game.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:54 AM

Default Re: craziest hand i ever dealt and a lesson to be learned

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is the definition of professinal?

[/ QUOTE ]

The fixture into which Howard Lederer pees.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell, I'd buy a Howard Lederer signature model "Professinal" for my bathroom. Seems like a tasteful item.

[/ QUOTE ]
I almost thought this sweet response was overlooked, but I'm glad it wasn't.

[/ QUOTE ]
As the exclusive rep for The Lederer Professinal , you may get before they go on sale to the public for only 7 easy payments of $17.97... don't forget the hose extension to your table (sold in various lengths). Never miss another hand thanks to The Lederer Professinal .

The Lederer Professinal
Old 04-03-2007, 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As the number of players goes up, the chances the biggest stack will win it all goes down anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]Am I missing something, would you explain this? in general (your experience) or pure statistics?

[/ QUOTE ]
If there are two players in the pot, the chance that the big stack will win is x%, depending on hands. If there are 10 players in the pot, that chance is much lower simply because there are more players in. To think about it, just give yourself the big stack and AA and then think about all-in pf against just AK, and then against AK and 76s, and then against AK, 76s, and JJ, etc.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If there are two players in the pot, the chance that the big stack will win is x%, depending on hands. If there are 10 players in the pot, that chance is much lower simply because there are more players in. To think about it, just give yourself the big stack and AA and then think about all-in pf against just AK, and then against AK and 76s, and then against AK, 76s, and JJ, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, thanks... that's more or less what I was thinking though it's too early in the day and I thought maybe I was missing something else the way I read it. Plus, I sorta thought maybe, as a dealer, Al had some other insights/experiences or something from his perspective... sometimes the simple answer is the one. Thanks again.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

As the exclusive rep for The Lederer Professinal , you may get before they go on sale to the public for only 7 easy payments of $17.97... don't forget the hose extension to your table (sold in various lengths). Never miss another hand thanks to The Lederer Professinal .

[/ QUOTE ]

How does this compare with the Ur-All-In urinal, officially endorsed by the WSOP?
Old 04-03-2007, 08:46 PM

That web site is truly special, but I don't understand how that thing is supposed to work.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How does this compare with the Ur-All-In urinal, officially endorsed by the WSOP?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2007, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That web site is truly special, but I don't understand how that thing is supposed to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gal holds the funnel attachment below her and "takes aim". Notice the new and improved rod-like steering handle... hold that, not the funnel... flushing provides a fun little suction just like NASA.