Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: kenny tran

the 36 hand vs AT wasnt poker genius either exactly.

he coms across a funny friendly uy fromt he horse part but could ahve toned down the act after the J9 call but whatever its the biggets toruney of the year and he made a big call.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
J high in that situation is so standard for limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh STFU you hole card cam Hero.

Just about no one calls that river with J-high. Go post that hand in the limit HE section of 2+2 and see how many people tell you to call a river bet there with J-[censored] high.

I swear to God, people saying that ridiculous calls are standard because they can see the other guy's cards since its on TV tilt me pretty hard. These are that same people who will say Negreanu is a calling station for calling Gus Hansen's quads with the 2nd full house on HSP.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:44 AM

watched on youtube and i coudlnt see if tran had a spadeflsuhdraw or not, did he? there was a spade flushdraw right?

he could loose to a lot of high spadedraws as well then.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Kenny is awesome to watch.

I thought his call on the 3 flush board with 1 pair in the Main Event was the best though.

[/ QUOTE ]
oh wait

[/ QUOTE ]
As usual, stellar work by EC10. You may want to think about knowing wtf you are posting about before trying to rip on someone, (yet again).

[/ QUOTE ]

as usual daliman, you are a retarded clown.

my edit in bold is to reflect his BUSTO hand where he called all in on a 3 flush board with 1 pair facing an overbet shove from some tight passive donk. donk had the nuts, obv. i even wrote "oh wait". [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, try to cover it up. You're either incorrect on the hand POSTED ABOUT, or obtuse in your stupid FYP you didn't even FYP in.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:01 AM

the jack calldown is def not standard. its really close and highly depends on a few things, mainly how the bb plays a flopped pair on that board and how thin bb valuebets on the river.

despite the call being correct this time, it doesnt mean it was a correct call overall. its pretty easy to construct a hand range for bb where trans jack is good on the river sometimes, but not often enough to justify the given pot odds.

of course if tran was shortstacked then he needs to call a bit wider than normal pot odds i think.

anyway, my point is that this is in no way standard or easy and its not a "see your soul" moment. its math. boring old math.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:48 AM

hole card cam hero

LOL
Old 11-04-2007, 10:00 AM

Old 11-05-2007, 10:33 AM

I like Kenny Tran, but that was clearly an information call. He obviously thought the guy was drawing at something. He would have probably raised the flop with overs and a flush draw, and the river bet after just calling down made no sense. That wasn't a "sick" call, it was purely to see his hand. Notice how he looked over to see the guy's hand and only then did he flip his cards up proclaiming himself to be the greatest.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Notice how he looked over to see the guy's hand and only then did he flip his cards up proclaiming himself to be the greatest.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Notice how he looked over to see the guy's hand and only then did he flip his cards up proclaiming himself to be the greatest.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's not standard about that? Tran called, other guy flips up first.