Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 03:39 AM

Default A7o steal in CO vs. LP CC\'ing BTN

Button is really loose-passive (42/13/1.06).

My first hand at the table, I post in CO. I'm dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. All folds to me, so I raise. Button cold calls. Both blinds fold.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I c-bet, button calls. I'm not putting him on a queen, since he probably would be raising in this spot.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I c-bet again. He calls. Now I'm not putting him on the ten, either, as I think he would've raised there.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check. He bets. I...?

I'm kind of tempted to call in this position. Although it's possible that he had a ragged queen that he didn't want to raise with earlier, I think that villain's range is big enough that it might be profitable to call (possibly to a chop) on two pair with top kicker. I'd be curious to hear what you think.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:02 AM

Default Re: A7o steal in CO vs. LP CC\'ing BTN

Stealing with weak hands against a loose passive is probably one of my favourite ways to spend money. Works really well [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I would just have checked.

As played, cbetting the flop/turn is fine but with two pair on the board I would have bet the river too and hope I outkick him. He might be having a PP lower than T or KJ, AJ. River is a b/f tho.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:08 AM

Im thinking a little about the turn c-bet. Normally Id expect Hero's folding equity on the turn to be low given the un cordinated nature of the flop and his lose tendencies, so Id probably check.

But does the turn T change Hero's fold equity enough to merit a new c-bet? Id be interested to hear some other views on this...

As for the river, Id call and expect to chop with AJ more than 1 every 4 times to make the call profitable
Old 08-08-2007, 05:34 AM

I think u must call. Villain has shown no strength. Also, any small PP or 6x just got counterfeited and they will be desperate to bet since they can't beat anything.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:54 AM

*grunch*

vs LP steal blind is not good with marginal cards
those cards also are to great to fold them PF so i limp with them

as played
i bet flop and turn
i would play c/f river but river pairs board and now i have probably best hand so i play b/f with this LP with LAG bettre is probably c/c to induce bluff.

bet river and win with all weak pocets
Old 08-08-2007, 07:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

those cards also are to great to fold them PF so i limp with them

[/ QUOTE ]

A7o fall into the category of (generally speaking) raise or fold pf. From CO I always bet them with the possible exceptions of when the blinds are over defending or too aggressive.

Since the goal is to win the blinds directly or get HU, limping is seldom correct.

As a side note. Folded to me, I raise any two cards from CO after posting.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:53 AM

guys, since hero posted in the CO and its folded to him this is very easy raise.

[ QUOTE ]
As a side note. Folded to me, I raise any two cards from CO after posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is much better although I still have my standards, particularly if/when i have some sort of stats/reads on the villians yet to act. Its just that my standards are lower since we posted and theres 2.5SB in the pot instead of the usual 1.5 when we didnt post. Winning those 2.5SB uncontested is a victory.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:02 AM

Is it an easy raise even though we have a loose passive to act after us? Are our chances to pick up the blinds that good? I agree that it's usually an easy raise but against this guy?
Old 08-08-2007, 08:30 AM

Dont open limp A7o in the CO. DONT! Anyone wanting to open fold A7o in the CO is a weak tight nit leaving money at the table.

@ OP

If you call the river bet this is the standardest of all standard hands. Plenty of busted draws and the donk will bet it for you. Your turn bet is fine since its such a brick. This guy is prolly peeling very loose on the flop so your eq is fine - even if he calls. When the river bricks again its an obvious c/c against a donk
Old 08-08-2007, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it an easy raise even though we have a loose passive to act after us? Are our chances to pick up the blinds that good? I agree that it's usually an easy raise but against this guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Also this guy is 42/13/1.06 so i dont think he is "really loose passive" unless OP has more info that leads to this. His PFR is quite high (probable higher than the average tag) so he is probably perfectly capable of raising if hero checks preflop. He might play loosepreflop but that looseness still has a reasonable raising range.

Regarding his apparently low aggro factor....he plays about twice the number of hands as a tag might so it should be clear that his total aggro is going to be lower because playing more hands leads to more calling and lower aggro factor.

raise it up. he isnt calling with 40% of his hands when u raise.